I missed my Methadone dose will they decrease my dosage tomorrow Help iam freakingout
    vapoorer is offline New Member

Default I missed my Methadone dose will they decrease my dosage tomorrow Help iam freakingout

Hi everyone my name is Angelos iam new here and i have a question???

Ive been on Methadone for a little over 2 years now am currently taking 120mg witch ive been stable at for 2 years now.The problem is my clinic close at 9 today and on my way down there my car broke down and i was not able to make it down there before the close the doors.this is the first time ive every missed a dose before and iam freaking out major.,Mostly scared of the withdrawal feeling.

My question ARE when i go in tomorrow to get my dose will the give me my full dose at 120mg??? or do they cut it in half??? and if they do how long will it take till my dose gets back to 120mg??? 2days 3days 7days 1month????

I know iam in the right place to ask this because iam very scared right now I just want to know what to expect tomorrow when i go in i live in CT.

Ive tried to call other methadone clinics in the area to see if they would medicate me but the gave me an attitude rather then trying to help me....

PLEASE HELP ME !!!

PS. my withdrawals right now on a scale from 2-10 is about a 1 ..
    Also i usual take my dose between 7-8am and right now its 12.30pm in the afternoon the clinic opens at 630 tomorrow and i will be there at that time as i know the withdrawal are going to be hell in the hours to come till i get my dose

I need this comfort to easy my mind alittle and help with the philological part of the withdrawal part to know when i go to dose tomorrow morning that i will get "X???" for my dose

Thanks in advance to all that will response

Angelos G................................

Soobie is offline Member

I don't know if they'd lower your dose, I doubt it though.You have been a reliable patient, if you're telling the truth and have been following their rules, you should be OK tomorrow. Right now, relax. If you really can't bear the withdrawal, you could go to the ER with any documentation you have from the methadone clinic and ask them to help you. Then take any documentation they give you with you to clinic tomorrow. I know saying "relax" is easier said than done, but try to stop yourself from dwelling and worrying about tomorrow. Take care of yourself today. Go to a meeting, call someone, play video games, watch a movie, whatever. But do not cause yourself another problem by using anything you aren't supposed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Soobie View Post
    I don't know if they'd lower your dose, I doubt it though.You have been a reliable patient, if you're telling the truth and have been following their rules, you should be OK tomorrow. Right now, relax. If you really can't bear the withdrawal, you could go to the ER with any documentation you have from the methadone clinic and ask them to help you. Then take any documentation they give you with you to clinic tomorrow. I know saying "relax" is easier said than done, but try to stop yourself from dwelling and worrying about tomorrow. Take care of yourself today. Go to a meeting, call someone, play video games, watch a movie, whatever. But do not cause yourself another problem by using anything you aren't supposed to.
    thanks for the encouragement the reson why i asked these question is because a long lime ago when i first started i heard some people talking but cant remember exactly what they where saying its been a couple of years and i remember them saying if you miss a day or if they said if you miss 2days or 3 days i cant remember what it was that the cut your dose in half and they gradually bring your dose back up.

Iam telling the truth as i dont need to lie there is no reson to miss my dose.
    and ive been following the rules never broke any of them.
    Iam just freaking because the hell i will go through today i would not want to go through that for a month if the do do somthing like that.

Soobie is offline Member

Oh, I understand!!! For one missed dose, I really don't think they'd take you down in dose so hard! I would think that would cause more misery than be a safety measure not to overdose you. Those other people talking may not have been reliable or following protocols, maybe they missed several days in a row and were out using (??). That's not you. Facing withdrawal will make your mind race and go off fighting dragons that don't exist. It's exhausting-the anxiety and racing thoughts, I mean. Just try to slow yourself down, you'll be OK if you do what you're supposed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Soobie View Post
    Oh, I understand!!! For one missed dose, I really don't think they'd take you down in dose so hard! I would think that would cause more misery than be a safety measure not to overdose you. Those other people talking may not have been reliable or following protocols, maybe they missed several days in a row and were out using (??). That's not you. Facing withdrawal will make your mind race and go off fighting dragons that don't exist. It's exhausting-the anxiety and racing thoughts, I mean. Just try to slow yourself down, you'll be OK if you do what you're supposed to.
    thanks i you have eased me enough to come alittle i hope your right it only makes sence wht you say.....thank you

newyorkgal is offline Advanced Member

I was on several different methadone programs in different states. They all have their own rules so no one can say for sure but it's highly doubtful that they would drop your dose based on one missed day, especially since they close so early (9 a.m. ? yikes). On my longest program, they would not drop you unless you missed several days. Stuff happens and I'm sure you aren't the only one. The main thing is though that you should not have severe withdrawal. Methadone has a half life of about 36 hours. When I switched to subutex, I had to miss 72 hours before making that switch. I didn't really start feeling awful until about the 60-65 hour mark. Don't freak out. Stay busy. The reality is you should feel barely anything with regard to actual withdrawal. Psychological feelings are another story. Stay calm.

ARTIST658 is offline Advanced Member

Just found this thread and it's Monday morning - 2 days later - how did things turn out, Vapoorer?

I guess he got through it okay since he hasn't posted back. Missing one day is really not that big of a thing. Most of the w/d you'd feel would be psychological. I knew people who felt "sick" if they didn't take it at exactly the 24 hour mark but I never did and didn't understand it. Same with sub. I take once a day at whatever time I take it. No problems.

[deleted - swearing]
    Last edited by Anonymous; 05-15-2010 at 04:29 PM.

chance4reallife is offline Junior Member

Exclamation

Hey
    Where I'm from we belong to the clinic but get our dose at the pharmacy. The rule here is only If you miss your dose for 3 days they call the clinic to notify because after 3 days it is dangerous! They shouldn't cut your dose at all for missing one day. And If they did it should only be by 30 mg and that is nothing you won't feel a thing! I promise

42long is offline New Member

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by chance4reallife View Post
    Hey
    Where I'm from we belong to the clinic but get our dose at the pharmacy. The rule here is only If you miss your dose for 3 days they call the clinic to notify because after 3 days it is dangerous! They shouldn't cut your dose at all for missing one day. And If they did it should only be by 30 mg and that is nothing you won't feel a thing! I promise
    It depends on your metabolism and tolerance more than anything. i notice if i miss a 10 mg dose of done. Dont promise anything. had a doc. drop me from 4/ 60 mg of morph. and 4 dones a day down ta 2 methadone a day. just 20 mg. she promised no w/d. Ended up in the ER, come close to stroking out. After so long it all quits working and ya gotta go stronger. I started just wanting to get out of pain. Have had a bad back since birth and in pain since 14. i was told by my Doc. 5 to 10 mg. wean-off every other day was safe. Like I said if i miss 10 mg im freezing cold and starting to get real crampy. With 5mg i didnt notice. everybody is different, it depends on many factors.. Be careful, hope this helped.. GOD Bless!!

The difference is he's on 130 mgs. Dropping from 40 to 20 mgs. is BIG. Dropping from 130 to 100 should not even be noticed. And the half life is so long he'd be brought back up before he'd feel it. But of course, you are right to say everyone is different. This is just a general rule.