I need advice on suboxone, im about to detox I think
    TiredOfDaPain is offline New Member

Question I need advice on suboxone, im about to detox I think

Okay, this may be a long post, I will make it as easy to read as possible

I have been on suboxone for 3 years, I have never exceeded 4 Mgs a day, i work at a factory, 12 hours a day, very hot, very strenuous and i mainly got on the suboxone cause I did NOT have energy. My past I became addicted to Oxycontin years ago, bought them off the street and went to a methadone clinic to get off of them, I was on 300 mgs a day of liquid methadone for about 2 1/2 years, I tapered myself off and took myself down to about 1/2 a mg a day and the withdrawls when I detoxed were the worst thing in my life..

fast forward 2 years later, I never had energy from being on methadone that long.. almost like the dopamine or whatever it is the brain makes, was not being made anymore.. always felt dead

so I tried a quarter of a sub and fell in love.. since then i have taken 1/4 on my days off work, and 1/2 a day on the days I work.. i work 3 days on, 4 days off, 4 days on, 3 days off.. so i dont take a whole lot I think

I have continued to take that much and not up my dose for 3 years.. I am now ready to get off of them, i cant afford to go to a doctor to get them, and I cant affort to up my dose.. and its getting harder and harder to find them.. i am not promoting self medicating urself.. dont do this.. this has mainly been a way to energise myself and keep a sound mind, where I dont want anything else

my question is.. will it be hard for me since I only take 1/4 three - four days a week, and 1/2 a Sub three to four days a weeK?

I have read alot of stories and it really sounds like methadone withdrawls to me.. and those were horrible

I would appreciate any help I could get

thank you in advance

TiredOfDaPain is offline New Member

is it going to be REALLY really bad? cause where I work.. its almost like HELL, its a glass factory.. so im dreading it