Ibuprofen safety question
    Scythy is offline New Member

Default Ibuprofen safety question

So, because of a chest contusion, I've been prescribed 800mg of ibuprofen every 8 hours. This worked the first day, but I recently had a sneeze attack 3 hours into the dose and the pain came back completely. Is it safe to take two 800mg of ibuprofen for the next dose or before I go to sleep so I can actually get some sleep? I've read of some serious side effects if you overdose on ibuprofen so I'm just checking. I weigh 270 by the way.

Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Scythy View Post
    So, because of a chest contusion, I've been prescribed 800mg of ibuprofen every 8 hours. This worked the first day, but I recently had a sneeze attack 3 hours into the dose and the pain came back completely. Is it safe to take two 800mg of ibuprofen for the next dose or before I go to sleep so I can actually get some sleep? I've read of some serious side effects if you overdose on ibuprofen so I'm just checking. I weigh 270 by the way.

I don't want to tell you to ignore your dosing instructions. All meds should be taken as prescribed.

I have Rheumatoid Arthritis, degenerative disc disease, all kinds of inflammation problems from autoimmune disorders. I stopped taking ALL narcotic medications a LONG time ago. I MUST have something to help me with my pain too.

Sometimes I take two 800mg Ibuprofens. My script says 800mg three times each day too but I go over occasionally. Just don't go crazy with it. It can have adverse effects on your kidneys if you do it too much. But it shouldn't hurt you for one dose or two. I would take another one now. God bless.