Loprazepam Help
    toshiabee is offline New Member

Post Loprazepam Help

Hi Im new here ive been diagnosed with GAD i though i had a brain tumor due to the dizzness and eyes twitching and headaches but my mri & cat scan ruled that out. Im 24 and since may I have been on 1mg as needed. Ive had days where I took two or three and now im just trying to take myself of the med. I did try cold turkey for 4 days i stopped that yesterday and split one in half and took it to start tappering off. The withdrawl symptoms were horrible mostly dizzness and feeling something was wrong in my head. Am i alone? How should I start tappering off.today is day 2 of staring to take half of the 1mg i feel okay still a little dizzy and my eyes have started twitching.

Thisweekforsure is offline Advanced Member

You are not alone. A lot of people have these problems with that medication. I suggest you go to the benzodiazepine subforum (under prescription pill addiction) and read threads by other people in your situation. All the benzos are similar and tapering them all should be done in a similar way. Xanax, Klonopin, Valium, Ativan, any thread about those, the tapering advice will be the same.

toshiabee is offline New Member

Okay. Thank you

PsychiatricEarth is offline New Member

Benzos take a longer slower taper than any other drugs
    You should stabilize again with the smallest amount possible and start a taper over again.

This Time For Real is offline New Member

I was on 2mg of ativan (lorazepam) a day and abused xanax often. Not to be debbie downer, but you should really taper under Dr.'s supervision as benzo withdrawals can kill you. 1mg a day is not that bad and you shouldn't have siezures from that amount. But when getting off many people have huge anxiety. When I got off first month or two was kinda shwig but you DO get back to normal. Keep your head up.