medications and the sun?
    karen888 is offline New Member

Default medications and the sun?

Hi,
    I'm looking for an answer to why you can't go out in the sun, or have limited sun when taking some medications? What can it do? Can it be dangerous if you ignore the advice? Thanks Karen888

tired2 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by karen888 View Post
    Hi,
    I'm looking for an answer to why you can't go out in the sun, or have limited sun when taking some medications? What can it do? Can it be dangerous if you ignore the advice? Thanks Karen888
    What meds are you on ?? I have taking alot that say no sun but I always still went out in the sun but ,I'm not saying that it makes it right...I believe it makes you more sensitive to burning depending on what you are on. Some meds will say to be carefully of over heating such as excercise.

Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

Some medications affect the body's natural ability to deal with the sun's ultra-violet rays which can cause skin damage, eye damage, immune system problems, etc. There are lots of medications that have this warning.

It's not that if you walk outside that you'll be killed by the sunlight. It's a situation where the meds CAN cause problems so the drug manufacturers are protecting themselves from law suits for not warning patients of the risk with the their medicines. God bless.

karen888 is offline New Member

Default medication and sun

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Some medications affect the body's natural ability to deal with the sun's ultra-violet rays which can cause skin damage, eye damage, immune system problems, etc. There are lots of medications that have this warning.

It's not that if you walk outside that you'll be killed by the sunlight. It's a situation where the meds CAN cause problems so the drug manufacturers are protecting themselves from law suits for not warning patients of the risk with the their medicines. God bless.
    Thanks for getting back to me. Since I'm fair skinned I might as well error on the side of caution. This info can also be passed on to a few people I know who have the same quesiton. Thanks Again.