Methadone and Klonopin
    nidda is offline New Member

Default Methadone and Klonopin

I don't understand how people could die from overdose of these 2 pills when somebody is on 280 mg of Methadone and god knows how many Klonopin. How, just how? How is it a deadly combo for one and help for the other?

Rachelle1stbb is offline Member

The combination of methadone and benzodiazepines is a huge risk because one of those drugs by themselves already depress your respiratory system. When they are combined it's a greater risk of shutting down the respiratory system completely. But a lot of people are prescribed both drugs, I was one of those people too. Methadone 120mg per day and Xanax as needed up to 8mg a day, it's dangerous but if a person is genuinely suffering from panic and anxiety disorder than its used. Although I think the amount of benzo should be lower in methadone patients. Anyway I don't know if this helped answer your question but thought I'd chime in.

[deleted - swearing]
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-08-2017 at 03:14 PM.

Thank you for deleting my comment even though I was careful not to spell the word fully.
    So I am taking both drugs and I am afraid that something bad will happen to me.

Rachelle1stbb is offline Member

Nidda, how much are you prescribed of each medication if you don't mind me asking?? If your doctor prescribed you the klonopin knowing you're on methadone and the amount then I'm sure he took precautions as to not put you on too much where it would harm you, see how you feel and just be careful to not take more than prescribed.

I take 50 mg Methadone, which I think is too much for the first time and 4 mg Klonopin.