Methadone for Menstrual Cramps
    caroline66 is offline New Member

Default Methadone for Menstrual Cramps

Hello,

I was prescribed vicodin and naproxen for my menstrual cramps (and severe colon pain during my period; hard to describe) which I also take for my jaw sometimes throughout the month. I usually need to take at least 2 1/2 APAP to get relief, plus adding on more later because it fades. I feel I've built up a tolerance, but it works well for the most part. However, I don't have any at the moment and my period is coming up. A friend gave me a 10mg methadone pill after I had asked if she had vicodin. I've never taken this before and I've looked everywhere on this website and google searched. Nothing is really similar to my situation, and there are hardly straight answers. I think it's because it responds differently to each patient. Some say it's a godsend for pain, others say it's weaker than your normal opioids. Others say it is dangerous.

I just figure that if I respond well to vicodin and I'm not allergic, etc.. then I don't think I'm gonna die or throw up for 24 hours like others have explained. I was thinking about taking 5 mg the first day, and then the other 5 that night. It's all I have anyway, but it's the most painful on day 1.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

Taking methadone for menstrual cramps is crazy! You're playing with fire. I'm not judging you, just replying to what you are saying. But read your post. You're talking about having to take extra vics as you are building a tolerance. So now you're going to add methadone to the picture? Don't do it. You're innocently heading down the road that got 75% of the people on this forum addicted. Methadone for your problem is like shooting a fly with a shotgun. God bless.

Thanks for the reply, Robert.

I guess what I'm asking is its effectiveness as a one time drug, or if it is so strong, could I just take 5mg. I have no way of getting more and don't plan on it. I just have it.

But, if it's crazy then it's crazy. I know you are experienced here, so I respect that.

Didn't mean to sound condescending. I read it again and I didn't mean to come off that way. It's just that methadone is NOT a medication that you take like that. I really wouldn't do it. God bless.

Well I'm definitely reconsidering it now.. Lots of stuff to read on the internet but I don't know what to brush off or soak in.

Knowing that I'm used to taking Vicodin and I'm not a stranger to script pain killers, what do you think would happen if I took that one pill of methodone (or half)? Would I get really sick? Will it get me so high, I would automatically go and try to find it on the street?

I understand that it's pretty much "out of my league," but I'm curious as to what would happen.

Probably nothing will happen. A very good friend of mine who was accustomed to taking large amounts of hydros, percs, whatever also took one methadone pill and a 1mg xanax. That was it and his wife had to keep him from swallowing his tongue while he almost died in the middle of the night waiting on an ambulance. That is the truth. I'm not saying that will automatically happen to you. I'm just saying it's not worth it over taking one pill. I don't know your medical history. I wouldn't tell you to take methadone. If you want to it's your business but I wouldn't mess with any methadone myself just because someone gave it to me. That's me. It's your call. God bless.

MaisieC is offline Senior Member

For what it's worth, I wouldn't mess with methadone either. I've never taken it, but I wouldn't mess with it (and I've messed with a lot of stuff, unfortunately).

I used to have dreadful cramps when I was young, so you definitely have my sympathy on that! I remember when they first came out with naprosyn, and it was a Godsend. They used to tell us to take Midol, which is just this side of useless when your cramps are bad.

Can you get a refill on your vicodin from your doctor? Honestly, any time you get into self-medicating you're playing with fire. Getting into fishing around for equivalents, which is stronger, what will happen to me, etc.--you really don't want to go there. Please call your doctor and get a refill on your prescription.

Good luck and please let us know how you do.

Take care,
    Maisie

rememberjp is offline New Member

Exclamation Dont take it !!!!!!!!!!!

I lost my brother from someone selling him methadone go to HARMD (HelpingAmerica Reduce Methadone Deaths) One Pill can Kill thats 1/4 of a pill .

Oh my God please dont take this ! This drug will Kill you !
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-20-2015 at 09:15 PM.

asope is offline New Member

Smile Cramps

Menstrual cramps are thought to be related to a hormone-like, naturally occurring substance called prostaglandin, which causes the uterus to contract.
    Regards,
    Dr Jane- Menstrual Cramps