My Qualitest Norcos are feeling different than usual....how??
    ladyzep is offline New Member

Unhappy My Qualitest Norcos are feeling different than usual....how??

Hi all,

I have been taking Norco 10 for about two years now. I have tried all the brands, including brand name (which was identical to Watson appearance-wise). I like all except for Interpharm, because I am allergic to a filler in it I think. They each kind of have a different feel, but not too big of a deal. For example, Watsons tend to give me more energy, whereas Qualitest (the darker yellow "V"s) give me slightly better pain relief. They have always worked great so far.

I go to different pharmacies depending on if Im staying with my parents or at my own place, and this time the dr handed me a written script since I had had a follow up with her. I got a 60 count bottle of the Qualitest Norcos.

However, thisbatch feels completely different. And i have been taking varying brands for years. For some reason, this batch or whatever, is making me extremely sleepy, which is something Norco does NOT do to me. Its making me as sleepy as if i took a couple bars of Xanax with some beers. One of the things I like about Norco aside from the pain relieving properties is the extra boost of energy and productivity it gives me. Theyre not fake, because if they were, I'd be in major withdrawals, and Im not. Plus I dont believe CVS gets fake Norcos, lol. They are also helping with the pain. But I am refusing to take them because I have an 8 month old child and cannot be tired and falling asleep all day long. Thats literally what this batch makes me do. I googled if there was a recall, and nothing came up.

I was so upset, I went to my doc and begged her to write another scrip, so I could go to Walgreens and get Watsons. All is good now, but I did used to prefer the >>, as they give you a little less of a speedy feeling and are a bit more effective painwise. Im so confused. Don't they make batches by the thousands? Why were my batches from the past few months perfectly fine, and now all of a sudden this batch is totally different? This is not a "which generic is best" type of question, and I am fully aware of the placebo effect. I have been taking eitehr the Qualitest or the Watson or the Malli for years, like I said, and never really had a "favorite." So it's not a placebo thing. they are having this bizarre effect on me. Id like to think it could be sometihng else, but I have tried to cut out any variables, and it has the same effect every time. So much for quitting coffee, which I was wanting to do. After taking 20mgs of these norcos in the morning which is a very small dose for me, i pass out. Not normal. Not once has this ever happened to me in my entire two years of experience with this medication. I thought maybe I was just extra tired,a nd when i woke up from my nap and took two more in the evening, again, I passed out AGAIN. Its like they put some ambien in there!!

I'm very disappointed and dont want to keep these. Thank goodness my doctor trusts me and wrote me another script so I could ask for watson this time.

Has this ever happened before? are some batches "inconsistent"? Is Qualitest changing their labs or formula or whatever? Please note again, Norco (any brand) has never, EVER made me nod off or fall asleep or get tired in these amount, taken by themselves and not mixed with anything.

Any input is appreciated. Id hate for them to all go to waste, as it is hard to get my dr to prescribe them, even though she does because she knows I have legitimate pain.

Thanks!

candicejoy32 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by ladyzep View Post
    Hi all,

I have been taking Norco 10 for about two years now. I have tried all the brands, including brand name (which was identical to Watson appearance-wise). I like all except for Interpharm, because I am allergic to a filler in it I think. They each kind of have a different feel, but not too big of a deal. For example, Watsons tend to give me more energy, whereas Qualitest (the darker yellow "V"s) give me slightly better pain relief. They have always worked great so far.

I go to different pharmacies depending on if Im staying with my parents or at my own place, and this time the dr handed me a written script since I had had a follow up with her. I got a 60 count bottle of the Qualitest Norcos.

However, thisbatch feels completely different. And i have been taking varying brands for years. For some reason, this batch or whatever, is making me extremely sleepy, which is something Norco does NOT do to me. Its making me as sleepy as if i took a couple bars of Xanax with some beers. One of the things I like about Norco aside from the pain relieving properties is the extra boost of energy and productivity it gives me. Theyre not fake, because if they were, I'd be in major withdrawals, and Im not. Plus I dont believe CVS gets fake Norcos, lol. They are also helping with the pain. But I am refusing to take them because I have an 8 month old child and cannot be tired and falling asleep all day long. Thats literally what this batch makes me do. I googled if there was a recall, and nothing came up.

I was so upset, I went to my doc and begged her to write another scrip, so I could go to Walgreens and get Watsons. All is good now, but I did used to prefer the >>, as they give you a little less of a speedy feeling and are a bit more effective painwise. Im so confused. Don't they make batches by the thousands? Why were my batches from the past few months perfectly fine, and now all of a sudden this batch is totally different? This is not a "which generic is best" type of question, and I am fully aware of the placebo effect. I have been taking eitehr the Qualitest or the Watson or the Malli for years, like I said, and never really had a "favorite." So it's not a placebo thing. they are having this bizarre effect on me. >> like to think it could be sometihng else, but I have tried to cut out any variables, and it has the same effect every time. So much for quitting coffee, which I was wanting to do. After taking 20mgs of these norcos in the morning which is a very small dose for me, i pass out. Not normal. Not once has this ever happened to me in my entire two years of experience with this medication. I thought maybe I was just extra tired,a nd when i woke up from my nap and took two more in the evening, again, I passed out AGAIN. Its like they put some ambien in there!!

I'm very disappointed and dont want to keep these. Thank goodness my doctor trusts me and wrote me another script so I could ask for watson this time.

Has this ever happened before? are some batches "inconsistent"? Is Qualitest changing their labs or formula or whatever? Please note again, Norco (any brand) has never, EVER made me nod off or fall asleep or get tired in these amount, taken by themselves and not mixed with anything.

Any input is appreciated. >> hate for them to all go to waste, as it is hard to get my dr to prescribe them, even though she does because she knows I have legitimate pain.

Thanks!
    I am having the same issue. With both the watsons & the V. This has never happened before. I think they did something with the binding.

Merileeeee is offline New Member

Default same problem

Im also sleepy now with my Norco 10/ the last 3 scrips. think they are watson

Mary_Selix is offline New Member

Ive been on Norco since 12/2010. I too have itching and less pain relief from the Watsons and usually the yellow Qualitest give me better pain control and more energy but the past 2 fills have been causing drowsiness and almost less pain relief as prior. Pharmacy thought I was strange to have reaction to fillers in Watson and questions me everytime I get refills which is 120 every 3 weeks. But 1 10/325 at a time I dont take 2 unless after surgeries. And since on Norco so long they usually do Oxycodone then back to Norco after surgeries. So.....your not crazy and not alone.