Natural Sleep Aids?
    winnipegger40 is offline New Member

Default Natural Sleep Aids?

Hello everybody, I have recently been prescribed Ambien by my doctor but I am really hesitant to take it as from what I understand it can be habit forming. I've been looking at natural alternatives that are effective and have come across a new product called REMTabz. The problem is it seems to be very new. Has anybody else heard of this or does anybody else know of some other natural over the counter sleeping aids besides just melatonin?
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-17-2015 at 08:27 PM.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

I use Valerian Root sometimes and it really works for me. Two capsules about 45 min before bed. I've never heard of Remtabz, but look into it. Ya never know.

I swear I replied to this already... I don't know what happened.
    I checked out valerian root on webmd and it says that it can sometimes take up to a month of taking it regularly before any effects are noticed. You're saying you are able to take it from time to time and it is effective?

I guess nobody has heard of Remtabz... I'm thinking I might just try it out and see what happens. It seems legit although I'm uneasy about being the first to try it.

lafayette101 is offline New Member

interesting.. I also never heard of it.. but I search on Google find this.. maybe that helps >> https://www.drugs.com/ambien.html
    Most common side effects are:
    Drowsiness
    headache
    muscle aches
    sleepiness or unusual drowsiness
    stuffy or runny nose

Well which didnt seems very serious complication.

Btw how old are you now?

Thank you for the info lafayette, but I was actually looking for information on Remtabz, not Ambien. Ambien is possibly the most popular and well know prescription medication for insomnia. Remtabz is an otc sleeping aid that seems to be rather new. The review I linked to just happened to be from someone that had a prescription for Ambien but stopped and tried Remtabz and then was comparing the two.

The reason I don't want to take Ambien isn't those side effects, it's that it can cause dependency and changes in mood and behavior. I would just prefer to try something natural before resorting to a strong prescription drug.

Not sure what my age has to do with anything, but I'm not 40 if that's what you were wondering.