Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By iloerose
  • 2 Post By litchi123
  • 1 Post By Swagger Daddy
  • 1 Post By alexnt
Need advice for suboxone
    subsnomore is offline Member

Default Need advice for suboxone

Was on 32 mgs a day for 2 years and now in NC with Dad having health issues. Managed to get down to 4mg a day and ran out 2 days ago. Is it possible to jump from here? I don't have the money to continue. Please advise as I'm starting to panic!

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Will you post in the suboxone forum? That way I'll see your posts easily. Is it possible to jump from 2mg.? Not without w/d symptoms, I'm afraid. What are your symptoms now? Are you absolutely sure that you can't get at least one more script for the subs and we can take you down quickly. That would be best. If you don't you need to get ready for c/t. I will need to know how long you've been on the 2mg. Subs are an extremely strong opiod with around a 72 hour half life, so you may not be feeling all the effects now. What you need to have:
    1. Immodium or something of the sort with loperamide which has an opiate base but does not cross the blood brain barrier, in other words, you will not get "high" from it, but it can relieve some symptoms besides the trots.
    2. Hyland's restful leg or Hyland's calme's forte for restless leg.
    3. If you can get your hands on a bit of valium or other benzo that will help with the first few days. I don't normally recommend these because of the addictive qualities of these drugs, unless they are needed.
    4. Gatorade and plain ole water. STAY HYDRATED. Juices. stay away from energy drinks.
    Some people like Emergen-C
    5. Hot baths.

Also google the Thomas Recipe for other supplements you can take.

If you can get some sub, that's best. I don't mean to scare you. The best thing you can do is to have a positive attitude. Please, Please, start a thread under Prescription Drug Abuse/ suboxone or in the Need to Talk section. Those get more traffic and you may get more advice to help you. Hang Tough and let me know how you are doing.

Peace,

Iloerose

litchi123 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by subsnomore View Post
    Was on 32 mgs a day for 2 years and now in NC with Dad having health issues. Managed to get down to 4mg a day and ran out 2 days ago. Is it possible to jump from here? I don't have the money to continue. Please advise as I'm starting to panic!
    Are you consulting with a doctor on this, so they can instruct you on when and how many times you should take it?

If you are trying to do this on your own, you may end up in a very dangerous situation.

Swagger Daddy is offline Banned

That's a high dose to jump from. You may get some WDs a fed days later that will sneak up on you. I was also taking 32mgs a day and most people told me that I couldn't do what undid but I stated strong and slated the dragon. I tapered down in about 5 weeks to nothing and jumped. That may sound like a long time (5 weeks) to you right now but it's nothing in the big picture of life.

The important thing is to do it right the first time so you only have to go through this once. You could probably do a very affective taper with 8-10 more total subs. That would normally last me or you less than 3 days when abusing. If you do it right, that could potentially last you over a month and you could taper down to almost nothing before jumping.

Stay strong. I'll check back with you.
    subsnomore likes this.

subsnomore is offline Member

thanks for the information and I was able to get my Dr. to give me 15 subs which will be overnight ed from FL. I would love to know how to do an effective taper!

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by subsnomore View Post
    thanks for the information and I was able to get my Dr. to give me 15 subs which will be overnight ed from FL. I would love to know how to do an effective taper!
    welcome to the forums subs and Rose has already suggested you start your own thread. I would recommend the prescription drug abuse/suboxne one. Glad to see you were able to get your Dr to give you 15. Are they 8 mg or 2 mg? If you have 15 8 mg ones and are currently at 4 mg a day then you have plenty to do a effective taper. Start your thread as soon as possible and you will get plenty of good advise and suggestions along with moral support from members here. Hope to here from you soon.
    Alex
    subsnomore likes this.