Need info on Nucynta
    freaking out is offline New Member

Exclamation Need info on Nucynta

I go to a methadone clinic and have been clean for two years. I sprained my foot badly and got four vicoden at the hospital. Then, idiot me, took a couple of these Nucynta pills for the pain. I go to the clinic on Friday, today is tues, and I'm afraid if they test me, will the hydro and the Nucynta both show up as the same thing???
    I'm not afraid of testing positive for opiates b/c i have an Rx but if Nucynta comes up specifically, I'll die. I'm so stupid. They didn't even help for the pain and I hated the way they made me feel...help me

Mostly I am so disappointed with myself. I only took half of a 50mg pill today, so I think if I just don't take anymore I should be okay? I'm so angry at myself. The pills aren't even worth it, they make me feel terrible.

I'm surprised that nobody can help me with this question. I should clarify. Is Nucynta an opiate? Does it show up as one on a gas chromatography test? The clinic will not be searching specifically for it, I don't THINK. I was just wondering if it will appear as a general opiate along with hydrocodone. I admit I have been struggling lately, but this is my first lapse in over two years. I heard that Nucynta was an opiate antagonist, and I don't know what that means..?

Anonymous Guest

Nucynta (tapentadol) is in a group of drugs called narcotic pain relievers. It is similar to morphine.

Nucynta is used to treat moderate to severe pain.

i copied and pasted that from the list of drugs on this forum... so yes it is an opiate.
    if you are on a methadone program, they are aware some of us still dabble. why dont you try being honest.?? sometimes thats the best bet.

good luck.

p.s being on methadone does not make you clean. some of the worst junkies i know abuse their methadone all the time, and are certainly not clean. i used to as well. once you are off opiates, then you can call yourself clean. till then, sorry you are still hooked on drugs.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 09-06-2011 at 11:39 PM.

Default Lying to myself

I am not arguing that i'm a drug addict. When I said "clean." I meant, no illicit or unprescribed drugs in two years. Actually, that's wrong. When I said clean, I meant clean UA's. I have taken xanax even tho i'm prescribed klonopin, because there is no difference in the test. I have also taken extra methadone on top of my dose.

These are recent things. I started out great, but...I'm struggling. If I had known what I was getting into, I don't think I would have gone this route. I hate methadone, but we all know what happens without it.

This is the first time i've admitted this to anyone, and it feels terrible. Now i'm crying. I guess the question I was asking can't be answered by anyone. I wonder if I will ever live a life without opiates. I hate myself right now.

I guess now i'm in the wrong message board.

Anonymous Guest

first step is gettin honest with yourself. good one.

next step is deciding what you are going to do.

how much methadone are you on. daily. ?

ive been there done that with methadone. its not called liquid handcuffs for nothing mate. the longer you are on it. the harder it is to get off.

i used for over 20 years, and i am clean today. i used subs to get off methadone and morphine etc. i have been off subs since december. with one or two slip ups taking methadone. yeh, silly me. i stopped quick before i got in trouble with it again.

it is possible to get clean.

Anonymous Guest

ok just re read your posts. you are on a methadone program.

the only way to get off. is to count down slowly. (this way sucks) to zero

or get to 30mg and switch to suboxone, which is a helluva lot easier to taper with. coz you dont get the same high, so you feel normal.... no nodding. just normal.

then you taper down. and then you get off.

it all depends on how much you want it....