Nucynta / Oxycodone
    Shushu12 is offline New Member

Default Nucynta / Oxycodone

I just had to change dr as he no longer takes my Medicaid.

I have fibromyalgia and pretty severe back arthritis. I have tried medicines for years and I was at last feeling well enough to go out and do some things.

I was taking 50 my Oxycodone 4 x day; Tramadol HCL 50 mg for breakthrough pain; Tramadol 200 mg - 1 a day; Ibuprophen 3 x day

I went in for first visit last week. He gave me rx for Lyrica 50 mg -3 times a day and Nucenta ER - 2 times per day.
    He disregarded what I had been on for over 15 years.

So basically he took away my Tramadol, which I told him I cannot get off easily. He also prescribed Lyrica which I told him I had a bad reaction to. He gave me 60 mg Oxycodone >> Nucynta 15 mg.

I asked him how it would affect me to go cold turkey on medications that I have taken for so long. He just got angry and stomped out. I called two days later and told them I was in severe pain and they just said to take Ibuprophen.

It's been getting worse. My legs are so cramped up and in pain. Can't sleep well.

Any input is welcome!!

sambrent is offline Banned

For fibromyalgia you should firs get rid of depression by taking anti-depressant naming tricyclics. Tricyclic antidepressants expand levels of serotonin and norepinephrine in the cerebrum.
    If this drug not suited then do take duloxetine, milnacipran, venlafaxine drugs for relieving your fibromyalgia pain.