OK this is silly, I need to know what to do
    FastNOC is offline Junior Member

Default OK this is silly, I need to know what to do

1.4 years ago i was taking a lot of tramadol. 6 at a time, every 3 hours.so about 20 per day figuring sleep. That was boiled down too. at it's worst I was taking 17 tramadol at a time. every 5 hours. I weaned myself down to 6@3 over about a year.

I was addicted to tram for 13 years.

So anyway, i find a doctor in my town, and I'm put on Suboxone. I wasn't at 'rock bottom' or anything, I just decided it was time to stop

great, now it's a year and a quarter later, and honestly, i have no insurance. I'm also on Nuvigil. Add those prices up. 1 Nuvigiil is about 20 bucks (a little more) at walmart, the Sub film is 7.75 per strip. i'm prescribed 4 per day, but usually only take 3. But if I took 4 think about this....

$31.00 per DAY on Suboxone, and 20 for Nuvigil. Who the hell can afford $50 per day for legal meds? let me tell you, i was spending WAY less on Tramadol.

anyway, so what the hell? i need to find a way to get OFF the suboxone. Cna someone PLEASE tell me the best practices to accomplish this?

I tried just cutting back,. but i get no 'high' from this, so i can't tell how long I can go before I 'need' one. but if I screw up and don't take enough, i sure as hell know. after a couple days i've got anxiety BAD for 3 to 5 days before recovering considering I get right back on.

This is terrible. i feel more trapped now than when I was abusing drugs

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Have faith, there's hope. We have a fantastic taper plan here. By now, thousands have used it to successfully taper off Sub. Basically, the plan calls for a reduction of only 25% at a time, and ONLY reduce when you're "stable". Stable means having little to no WD symptoms.

You take 24 mg (3 strips) per day? Wow, that's a lot. Most people who come here at high doses are able to immediately reduce by half (or so) and feel fine. Taking 12 mg would probably "feel" the same as 24 mg.

My suggestion is to reduce by half or less, before you actually start the taper. If you're uncomfortable with going to 12 mg, at least eliminate one strip: which means you'd be taking 16 mg per day. Get good and stable at whichever dose you choose (12 mg or 16 mg) Both of those are still really high Sub doses! The taper plan suggests reducing after 4 full days at each dose, but people who have been on Sub long-term need to taper slower. Listen to your body; you'll know when it's time to reduce.

Also, I highly suggest you start a new thread on the Suboxone Treatment board. There are many of us there (myself included) who would be happy to guide you through this process. There are also people tapering off so you'll have "taper buddies".

Kat

OK I'll do that, thank you so ,much I need off this stuff bad.

and actually I'm prescribed 4 per day, but I rarely, if ever take that much. 99% of the time I take 3 per day, but sometimes I'll work 48 hours non-stop, and on those days I take more, I set a clock to every 7 hours.

I've never taken all my prescription before the next doctor visit though, i usually have 30 left.

Aslo i didn't see a suboxone board, can you tell me where it's at?

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FastNOC View Post
    Aslo i didn't see a suboxone board, can you tell me where it's at?
    Go to the top left of this page, click on General Discussion Boards. That will take you to a list of all the different boards. Find the Suboxone Treatment board and click on it. Then, click on "start new thread".

I'll check back with you tomorrow.
    Kat

Ugh, i didn't realize those were parent forums. Sorry.

Thank you!