Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Anonymous
  • 1 Post By Robert_325
  • 1 Post By Robert_325
OK SPENT hours in the ER
    disabledleo is offline Member

Default OK SPENT hours in the ER

I was forced into the ER by my wife & daughter because the problems like large lumps expanding large enough to poke out thru the skin a good inch or so from the double hernia surgery location & I could not find another surgeon anywhere except in the ER to see me.
    After hours or tests & CT scans they rushed me out of there faster than I've ever seen saying nothing can be done by them & handed me a script for "DILAUDID 4mgs" taken when needed for the gut pain from the DOUBLE HERNIA that they say they can not help me with & that I need to get in to see the surgeon ASAP!!!!!!!

If there was NOTHING wrong it doesn't take a rocket scientists to figure out what they were telling us. "We can't treat you & we must have seen something wrong enough to write me a script of "DILAUDID" #20 PILLS

Am I crazy or does this seem like a hack job by the first surgeon & no one wants to touch it & this hospital saw something to give me a good bit of IV DILAUDID & then a paper script to get me by until I can get back into see the original surgeon???

This is why I hate doctors & hospitals. They are there to help you until one of their own screw up & then no one wants anything to do with you.
    I am no pharmacisist but DILAUDID is some strong stuff. Its much stronger than morphine & even stronger than oxy's - or so I thought.
    Can anyone give me ther take on just took place in this situation...???
    Thank you
    What a Birthday Present

PeterRabbit2 is offline Senior Member

Get a lawyer. Get professional counsel on this matter. What's a few hundred dollars to get a lawyer's opinion when a hospital could have been negligent? Spend the money and get a professional opinion.

Until proven in a court of law, I have no opinion on who is at fault, if anyone.

Good luck and take action swiftly. That's my take.
    P.F.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-12-2011 at 08:40 PM.
    Peter

Anonymous Guest

They did the same thing to me when they mest up on my hysterectomy, I ended up in the ER so many times, the last time I went I begged the lady doctor that was on to PLEASE HELP ME . I wasn't there for pain pills and the surgeon did not want to come in and kept telling her to give me pain meds and send me home. she told him NO ! and did a cat scan on me and found out some tubes that they put in were falling out and she told him he needed to come in and fix me, I swear that lady saved my life that day, she was o good doctor and i don't say that very often
    I hope you are OK..
    Keep us posted you have been thru heLLL !!!
    Melinda
    PeterRabbit2 and disabledleo like this.

I have a hospital horror story, too...

I was 14 (too young to sue or else...) I was taken in for a routine colonoscopy. (Colon cancer runs in my family BIG-TIME!) During the procedure they found one, pea-sized polyp. The Dr. removed it and declared me "okay." On the way home, I felt very strange, like I needed to have a bowel movement. This made no sense, because my entire GI tract had been swept clean by the gallon of CoLyte they made me drink to clean me out for the procedure.

When I got home I relieved myself of a massive quantity of diarrhea - but to my horror, the toilet was bright red! I was hemorrhaging. I was too young and still too sedated to recognize this as a 911 moment. I went to bed; 10 minutes later, I passed another MASSIVE quantity of blood, so much so that it flushed the toilet!!! I must have passed a liter+ of blood each time!

My pulse was screaming at around 200 - I was very dizzy and disoriented. I was in shock.

I wandered into the living room where my parents were and said something incoherent, then I lost consciousness - next thing I remember, I was back at the hospital. My mother had dialed 911.

The icing on the cake is NO ONE at the hospital was taking my story seriously. My BP was 60/30! Then, I needed to have ANOTHER bowel movement. I said "BEDPAN, NOW!!!!" I filled it with pure blood. The nurse gasped and ran away to get help. Within 5 seconds there were 5 doctors surrounding me. By now, (they tell me) my BP was not measurable. It was 45/?? I lost consciousness again. The blood in the bedpan was over a liter in volume - 1200cc's to be exact!

I woke up on the operating table, the Dr. had nicked an artery while removing the polyp. After 7 units of blood and 90 minutes on the table, I was in one piece, again. The Dr was mortified beyond words; his professional decorum had completely vanished; he begged us not to pursue him legally, he was in tears - he'd nearly killed me. We did not press charges. Had I been an adult, I may have.

By the hospital's estimation, I'd lost over 70% of my blood volume! How I survived is beyond any rational explanation.

It took over 2 months before I got all my strength back.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-12-2011 at 10:40 PM.
    Peter

Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

Mike ...... Don't allow them to jack you around. Pain meds don't fix ANYTHING! We all know that. I would contact the hospital administrator, tell them to fix you or you are going to an attorney and see what they say. That will give you the answer you need as to which direction to go. Keep us posted. God bless.
    PeterRabbit2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Mike ...... Don't allow them to jack you around. Pain meds don't fix ANYTHING! We all know that. I would contact the hospital administrator, tell them to fix you or you are going to an attorney and see what they say. That will give you the answer you need as to which direction to go. Keep us posted. God bless.
    I second that!!! Sometimes all it takes is a mere letter from an attorney to make the hospital wake up and do the right thing. Just a few hundred bucks in lawyer's fees.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-13-2011 at 06:51 AM.
    Peter

Default Robert domI call the 1st hospital? or 2nd??

I've been to 2 different ER's over this & the nurse last night had same surgery I had & felt mine & said :PH MYU GOG HERE FEEL MINE" she couldn't believe what she felt in my guts.
    Then imagine the sending me home w/a script for Dilaudid & telling me everything is fine BUT get to see the other dr ASAP.. Last I heard he;s on vacation & no one else will see me.
    So which hospital admin. should I call???? the 1 the surgery was done or the the ones I've been too where they said I'm fine & have me strong opiates,

Robert I know you hate the fent. patches so would you suggest the dilaudid in its place?? Which is the harder to get off of?? I should not be on it long if they fix my stomach
    Just wonder what you felt about dilaudid
    Thank You I will place the call today once I Get your answer
    Should I fill the script incase the pain gets soo bad I'll have it

Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

Quote Originally Posted by disabledleo View Post
    I've been to 2 different ER's over this & the nurse last night had same surgery I had & felt mine & said :PH MYU GOG HERE FEEL MINE" she couldn't believe what she felt in my guts.
    Then imagine the sending me home w/a script for Dilaudid & telling me everything is fine BUT get to see the other dr ASAP.. Last I heard he;s on vacation & no one else will see me.
    So which hospital admin. should I call???? the 1 the surgery was done or the the ones I've been too where they said I'm fine & have me strong opiates,

Robert I know you hate the fent. patches so would you suggest the dilaudid in its place?? Which is the harder to get off of?? I should not be on it long if they fix my stomach
    Just wonder what you felt about dilaudid
    Thank You I will place the call today once I Get your answer
    Should I fill the script incase the pain gets soo bad I'll have it

I would not use the fentanyl patches but rather the dilaudid for a short time until you find out what the hospital says. The patches are time released and much harder to stop on the spot. That is my best advice.

I would call the hospital that messed up the surgery. The other hospital can just tell you to go back to the surgeon who treated you. And don't take any nonsense from them. Tell them you want help TODAY! If they refuse then tell them you will go to your attorney and try to own the hospital personally. Tell them that you thrive on dealing with jerks who mess people around and won't fix a mistake. I would be insistent that they do something immediately. This is all so stupid and unnecessary. That first hospital has another surgeon that can repair the original surgery or they are a hospital and grille! Hope that helps. God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-13-2011 at 07:21 AM.
    disabledleo likes this.

Default At what point is enough enough????

The love I have for my family & pets are absolutely incredible but I have gien this fight all 've had & am not a quiter & anyone that knows me knows that of me. BUT how much more can someone take???? I just spent Easter in the hospital trying to do the right thing & now spent my birthday in the hospital because of of someone that was probably looking forward to his vacation & not about fixing me - then refusing to see me & saying it was something I've done to aggravate it more & that means it will need more time to heal. Then leaves on vacation. I still have an internal GI bleed & blockages that they GI guy told my wife & me both all about & how it will have to be done again - now he's changed his story & says he never said I had blockages & he never told me or my wife I did.
    So I am at the end of my fight with this. I am in way too much pain & EXTREMELY ANGRY now & calling people will be of no benefit to me in the condition I am in now.

Thank you for all your help over all these years & who knows maybe I helped someone else out there with some of my posts.. I hope there is something to be learned from my story

Quote Originally Posted by disabledleo View Post
    The love I have for my family & pets are absolutely incredible but I have gien this fight all 've had & am not a quiter & anyone that knows me knows that of me. BUT how much more can someone take???? I just spent Easter in the hospital trying to do the right thing & now spent my birthday in the hospital because of of someone that was probably looking forward to his vacation & not about fixing me - then refusing to see me & saying it was something I've done to aggravate it more & that means it will need more time to heal. Then leaves on vacation. I still have an internal GI bleed & blockages that they GI guy told my wife & me both all about & how it will have to be done again - now he's changed his story & says he never said I had blockages & he never told me or my wife I did.
    So I am at the end of my fight with this. I am in way too much pain & EXTREMELY ANGRY now & calling people will be of no benefit to me in the condition I am in now.

Thank you for all your help over all these years & who knows maybe I helped someone else out there with some of my posts.. I hope there is something to be learned from my story
    To answer the question...this is ENOUGH!

Get legal counsel, TODAY!!! NOW!!! Pick up the phone and call an attorney.

You are in my prayers and the hospital will be needing them after you're done with 'em!
    Peter

liza012 is offline New Member

Default happens all the time

It happens all the time when you check in on ER, they just send you out with a note to see your doctor, so I personally never go to the ER without a doctor's name at hand to see me or if I can still manage, I make an appointment to see my doctor and not wait till I have to get rushed to the ER.

Default thats the point the dr is on vacation

& No other doctor but my own family doctor would see me & he too said I needed attention before things got worse. So he sent me to the GI doctor that did the colonoscopy the day after the hernia surgery to see what she has to say & he said the same thing.
    But the surgeon is still on vacation & they gave me his first appointmnet when he is back to see me. But its July 5th. So now I h ave to wait in pain