Only been on subs 14 days-Will i w/d if i stop now?
    b80m4rl is offline Junior Member

Question Only been on subs 14 days-Will i w/d if i stop now?

Long story short, ive been on subs for 2wks. Drug of choice was hydrocodone 140-180mg a day for many years. From what im gathering the hydrocodone should be out of my system by now. (havent had any in the 2 wks since starting subs). Ive been down to 8mg of suboxone for 5 days now. If i stop the subs cold turkey after only taking it for these 2 wks will i have any w/d symptoms??? Maybe someone out here has done this, and i would really like to know if ill get w/d symptoms when the subs dissipate after 3 days or so?

Brat8855 is offline New Member

Default yes and no

Based on the info that you provided i will do my best to give you a couple of scenarios of what is to come. it depends on your age and overall health - symptoms could be none to irritability, restlessness, decreased appetite, trouble sleeping, sweats and what bothered me the most lack of energy to go on with my daily life. I know people who could not get pass those 3-5 days of the symptoms and got back on subs and are still on them after 3 years - total nightmare that you should avoid at any cost.

Default yes and no

how do you feel so far?

Im fine- Im still taking 8mg a day now, 5th day. I havent stopped taking it, but since the hydro's have got to be out of my system i figured ive only been on subs for 2 wks i didnt know if i would get away with just stopping it or not- I was hoping i could stop cause some people told me they were on subs for 3 months and didnt have any dependancy that caused them w/d symptoms when they stopped

I am absolutely not stayin on any longer than i have to. My doc is the 1 who told me i need 2 b on 16mg a day-After learning out here, i now realize that thats just F'n rediculous. I am down to 8mg now and will continue to taper untill i can jump off, but i was hoping i could just stop all 2gether because ive only been takin the subs for 2wks total-My whole dilemma at this point is i want off, but if i continue to taper, thats that much longer ill be on the subs- if i stop now i run the risk of w/d which i dont want.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 05-28-2011 at 04:47 PM.

Everyone is different. Yes, there are those lucky SOBs bless their heart who feel no symptoms after subs. Nobody can tell you exactly how your body will react. I know you want to at least have an idea but there is no crystal ball on that. Hope for the best - be prepared for the worst.

nobby02 is offline Member

Take the jump and get off them now. The longer you take them the worse it will be.

Well thanks, ive already startyed tapering off- the only way im jumping off is if i get no w/d which seems to be a 50/50 chance. I guess i could just stop, and see what happens. If i get w/d symptoms i could always get back on and finish the taper all the way 2 the end

sprockets2000 is offline New Member

I dont know why but i was opn 8mg suboxone for 2 months, when I jumped off I did get the typial wd syndomes say youd get from like a 10 hydro a day habit, not to bad, nothing to write home about, ahhh if I just would have cold turkeyed a few years ago, then I didnt think i had it in me, but as you get deeper and deeper you look back and think if my wds were just that bad I could easily do this, its really odd.

Anyway id say taper down NOW, instead of maintaining the 8mg habit why not start tapering down before just jumping like I did, I did have wd for like 3 weeks but like I said not the INTENSE wd etc