Oxycontin and Drug tests?
    speedoflife is offline New Member

Default Oxycontin and Drug tests?

I was told the following:

You will have a urine drug screen which tests for the following: cocaine, cannabinoids, amphetamines, benzodiazepines, barbiturates, methadone, methamphetamines, morphine, phencyclidine).

Would a pretty steady but low dose use of oxy give me a positive result? I'm not sure what oxycontin breaks down into...

thanks for all your help, folks.

xTerm is offline Junior Member

Although oxymorphone is considered a minor metabolite of oxycodone, it may be found in the urine of patients prescribed only oxycodone in relatively large amounts compared with oxycodone. On the other hand, patients who are prescribed oxymorphone but not oxycodone would not be expected to have any oxycodone in their urine. Knowledge of these facts will enable oxycodone and oxymorphone prescribers to interpret more correctly the results of urine drug screens.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-22-2016 at 04:35 PM.

Businessman1 is offline Member

Default a bit of advice

I have had several blood and urine tests for various reasons while on hydrocodone and oxycodone.

You're worried about them finding out about your drug use.

Why can't you tell them you have been taking Oxycontin that has been prescribed to you?

If it is for a job, I'm pretty sure that most companies aren't going to check with your doctor. I'm not even sure your doctor is allowed to break the doctor/patient confidentiality...

If you don't tell them, they'll find it anyway and question why you didn't declare it on the form where it asks what prescription meds you are on. Oxy is commonly prescribed for lower back pain and tons of other chronic pain conditions.

It's Over is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by speedoflife View Post
    I was told the following:

You will have a urine drug screen which tests for the following: cocaine, cannabinoids, amphetamines, benzodiazepines, barbiturates, methadone, methamphetamines, morphine, phencyclidine).

Would a pretty steady but low dose use of oxy give me a positive result? I'm not sure what oxycontin breaks down into...

thanks for all your help, folks.
    Sorry, but Oxy is going to come up as an opioid, such as morphine. Unless you are taking less than a mg/day, it will certainly show up. What really makes no sense to me is that cocaine, and meth go away in like 48 hours, while opiates stick around for 72-96 hours, Valium, Xanax, Ativan etc. can stick around for more than a week, and the old vicious cannabis sticks to you low density fat cells for up to and exceeding one month. Oxycontin is just a pharmacological word for time released OxyCodone, nothing more. It is basically percocet with wax added to it so that it time releases into your body. Percocet with gobs of car and candle wax, a little sucrose, water and some other worthless junk. Good Luck

Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

Quote Originally Posted by It's Over View Post
    .....................................cocaine, and meth go away in like 48 hours, while opiates stick around for 72-96 hours, ............................................... Oxycontin is just a pharmacological word for time released OxyCodone, nothing more. It is basically percocet with wax added to it so that it time releases into your body. Percocet with gobs of car and candle wax, a little sucrose, water and some other worthless junk. Good Luck

When drug tests are done for cocaine they usually check for metabolites which last LOTS longer than 48 hours.

Oxycontin is NOT a percocet with a bunch of wax and all the other junk. Oxycontin is pure oxycodone, it doesn't have the acetaminophen that percs have, it's NOT the same thing as percs. It pure time-released oxycodone. God bless.