Oxycontin and Kidney Disease
    Dakota39 is offline New Member

Default Oxycontin and Kidney Disease

I cannot seem to find anyone anywhere that has asked this question. First off I'm not a drug addict. Once every couple of months I will get an 80 mg OC and break it up into pieces and take it for about 4 days. I have horrible tooth problems due to having kidney disease that fluctuates between Stage 3 and 4. I was on Tramadol for 3 years and I finally quit cold turkey, because to me that was the most HORRIBLE drug ever. I've never felt anything like what I did when I quit. That right there keeps me from wanting to be stuck on any pain pill whatsoever. So yeah, I pretty much deal with it by using salt water and ice packs.

On to my problem. I know that for normal people without kidney disease and a slightly fatty liver, the time for it to be out of your urine is like a week. For me I have NO idea. I am on Klonopin for my anxiety/panic disorder and last time I was at the doctor she wanted me to pee in a cup. I'm sure it was just to test for any drugs or to make sure I'm taking my Klonopin. Needless to say it scared me, and luckily I didn't have to go at the time so I got out of it. BUT, next time I need to go ahead and just do it. I have an appt. in less than 2 weeks and I just took the last little quarter of OC today. I'm thinking of calling in and rescheduling for like the end of the month or the beginning of next month because I'm so scared it, or it's metabolites will still be in my system. In fact to be quite honest I don't even know if 25 days is long enough.

I have googled it before and found nothing on anyone asking about how long it would take to be out when you have kidney disease. So, I figured I'd ask here. And please understand that I already know it is a bad drug. I know NOT to take it on a regular basis. In fact there is no way I could. No one can afford that. Not in my shoes. So, no I'm not addicted in the least. If I wanted to be on any pain pills at all I would just go in and get some. I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem. But after the Tramadol...NO WAY.

My fear is losing my anxiety medication because they find it in my system. I have decided it's not worth the worry and I won't be doing it anymore, but I still have my next appt to worry about. Is anyone at all familiar with the length of time it takes in my situation? Thank you in advance.

Dakota39 is offline New Member

Seriously...no one else has CKD and wondered this or had experience with it?

tuhumom is offline New Member

To everyone with kidney disease, let me just say something: Don't lose hope! There IS an solution, and you CAN get better, even if everyone tells you that it's hopeless. In fact, I got better naturally with some simple diet changes that anybody can do. If anyone's interested, here's a website that really helped me a lot.

Don't lose hope!