For pain relief, is there a big difference between Oxycodone and Percocet?
    Jonathan1109 is offline New Member

Default For pain relief, is there a big difference between Oxycodone and Percocet?

I'm 20 years old and recently endured a tear in my hip, which radiates pain to my groin and testicular areas. I currently don't have health insurance and generic Percocet 10/325 is extremely expensive, approx. $115 for a month supply. However, tomorrow I may ask my orthopedic for straight Oxycodone 10 mg - which is only $30!
    Pain relief-wise, is there a significant difference between these medications? I heard that when Oxycodone and Acetaminophen are combined, the compound treats pain more effectively than either drug does individually. Is this true?
    My pharmacist said they're basically the same concept; only one has Tylenol in it. Basically, is Oxycodone weak by itself as far as treating pain? Is it more effective when combined w/ acetaminophen? With the major price difference in mind, what would you recommend?

Thank you

Jonathan1109 is offline New Member

What I'm basically asking is if it's worth paying the extra $80+ for the Percocet as far as pain relief?