Paxil: one of the most addictive, and with the most side effects!
    ackeiyword is offline Banned

Default Paxil: one of the most addictive, and with the most side effects!

Paxil is one of the antidepressant medications that have the most side effects. And it is also one of the most addictive drugs. In fact, medical experts say that Paxil is can be so addictive that a user may feel withdrawal symptoms as soon as a few minutes of the drug leaving the system.

Some of the known side effects of taking Paxil include nausea,drowsiness, insomnia, headache, stomach discomfort, diarrhea, weight gain, weight loss, aggressive behavior and other behavior changes, rash,sweating, itching, muscle weakness, sexual dysfunction,fever, chills, joint pain, flu-like symptom, and even suicidal behavior.

rjtackett2630 is offline New Member

I was recently prescribed paxil and was told that it is not habit forming. Have you been on it and had withdrawl symptoms? I need to know because I am a recovering addict and dont want to get caught up again.

sisterwin2 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by ackeiyword View Post
    Paxil is one of the antidepressant medications that have the most side effects. And it is also one of the most addictive drugs. In fact, medical experts say that Paxil is can be so addictive that a user may feel withdrawal symptoms as soon as a few minutes of the drug leaving the system.

Some of the known side effects of taking Paxil include nausea,drowsiness, insomnia, headache, stomach discomfort, diarrhea, weight gain, weight loss, aggressive behavior and other behavior changes, rash,sweating, itching, muscle weakness, sexual dysfunction,fever, chills, joint pain, flu-like symptom, and even suicidal behavior.
    Do you have a link to this statement other then what the pharms put out. Not doubting you but would like to read about it. I have a friend that went from sub to this and now wants to stop it.

ocpirate96 is offline New Member

Default paxil etc

i have been off and on paxil several times- never experienced any such problems however when prescribed Celexa an anti deppressent in same class as paxol i experienced a severe disruption in my sex drive- as in no interest what so ever in sex AT ALL and YES physical withdrawl symtoms as well as memory black outs when quitting "cold turkey" now neither Paxil nor celexa worked for me in any kind of positive way-they were perscribed for anxiety more so than deppression but what DID work was effexor-unfortuneatly it worked too well and i became compleatly ambivilant-if the house had been burning down I would have been strolling out saying "oh well...i guess grab the cat. " i took myself off of all of these meds after trying for over 15 years to find one that would work for me the right way....ive been doing ok i can't tell anyone whats best for them or what they should or should not take ....but im more than willing to share my experiences with-prozac, celexa, buspar, paxil-and paxil cr-imiprimine, wellbutrin, effexor etc. on a side note my ex boyfriends dad has been on paxil cr for about 5 years now and the whole family is VERY concerned about changes in his personality etc. which is why i checked into this thread in the first place. i have seen first hand this man FLIP out because he was 4-5 hours late taking his pill...coulda been all mental but still VERY scary business indeed so proceed with caution.

ruby2oozdy is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by sisterwin2 View Post
    Do you have a link to this statement other then what the pharms put out. Not doubting you but would like to read about it. I have a friend that went from sub to this and now wants to stop it.
    Paxil is an SSRI. SSRI's are hard to get off of, but you can taper. However, you may want to read some of the posts at this forum: ssrisex at yahoogroups.com. Apparently interfering with serotonin reuptake inhibitors can cause permanent changes in some people, with serious sexual side effects. Ask your doctor about tapering (slowly) off Paxil and starting Wellbutrin (Bupropion). Wellbutrin affects the norepinepheine and dopamine reuptake receptors, so no messing with the serotonin. If Wellbutrin keeps you awake, tryptophan supplements (as needed) turns into serotonin so you can take it when you need it & not become dependent on it.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-04-2010 at 11:07 PM.

coltsman0627 is offline New Member

I've been on it for 3 years ( I went off it about 6 months ago and found no withdrawal symptoms at all ) I only went back on because my anxiety came back a bit . To me it's nothing to worry about because I never found it addictive , I've forgotten to take it on random days and I never felt anything different . Then again my body is smaller than most so they only prescribed me a half pill at 10 mg's , so it may be different for the regular 20 mg pills .

Rosemar7 is offline New Member

Paxil is very addictive. I went off Paxil and I went trough hell. Joint pain like electric shock,Migraine, fatigue, chest pain, breathing problems. Just went off and on paxil for one year and never gonna use it again.