Pregabalin versus Gabapentin - help!
    Choccy lover is offline New Member

Question Pregabalin versus Gabapentin - help!

I have been taking 300mg of Gabapentin 3 times a day for a suspected trapped nerve causing pain in my right arm and hand for a few months. Although the pain is much reduced on this medication I am struggling with some of the side effects, particularly tiredness which is so strong I am finding it difficult to function throughout the day. I also have difficulty concentrating and have had some weight gain. My Doctor has recommended I come off of Gabapentin and change to Pregabalin. He has told me to go down from 300mg 3 times a day to 200mg 3 times a day for 3 days then 100mg 3 times a day for 3 days then stop and start on 75mg of Pregablin 2 times a day. I am worried about the potential withdrawal from Gabapentin and the effect of going straight on to Pregabalin. Also will Pregabalin stop me feeling sooooooo tired or am I wasting my time changing medication at all? Any help or advice would be appreciated

JeffRob887 is offline Banned

Pregabalin (Lyrica) - is an anticonvulsant drug used for neuropathic pain and as an adjunct therapy for partial seizures. It has also been used to treat epilepsy, post-herpetic neuralgia, diabetic peripheral neuropathy and fibromyalgia
    Pregabalin (Neurontin) appears to be as effective as gabapentin for neuropathic pain; however costs more.