Prozac, Adderall and Zyprexa combo.
    Civi is offline New Member

Default Prozac, Adderall and Zyprexa combo.

Hey guys. I started taking 20mg Prozac and 2.5mg zyprexa for a few months for depression and anxiety due to PTSD. Worked great.

But I was recently diagnosed with ADD and was prescribed adderall. First month was one 20mg IR pill in the day. Was recently upped to two 20 mg IR pills.

Am curious if anybody has any experience with this combo? Should I be concerned?

Civi is offline New Member

I should add: the reason why I'm asking is if the zyprexa(being an antipsychotic) will hinder the adderall? Been reading lots of mixed thoughts. Some say no it won't because the dopamine receptor being blocked by the zyprexa isnt the same receptor that takes in the increase of dopamine caused by the adderall.

Others say ALL antipsychotics will hinder of the effect of any stim.

This concerned me, so without consulting my psychiatrist I stopped taking the zyprexa. Skipped for 3 nights in a row, now today I feel like >>>>.... anxious, sweaty, nauseas. Doesn't help that I got 2 hours of sleep last night. Are these signs of withdrawal for not taking the zyprexa?

I'm taking all generic if that makes a difference(Fluoxetine, Dexto/Amph, Olanzapine)

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Civi View Post
    Hey guys. I started taking 20mg Prozac and 2.5mg zyprexa for a few months for depression and anxiety due to PTSD. Worked great.

But I was recently diagnosed with ADD and was prescribed adderall. First month was one 20mg IR pill in the day. Was recently upped to two 20 mg IR pills.

Am curious if anybody has any experience with this combo? Should I be concerned?

Hello -

At the top of this page is a link for the "Interactions Checker" to determine if the combo of meds a person is taking has any kind of consequences. I went ahead and checked for you and it seems there is a SEVERE to MODERATE issues. Here's the link below you can click on -

https://www.drugs.com/interactions-c...-648,1744-1113

Hope this helps.

Randy