Hi,

I'm hoping somebody out there can relate to or provide knowledge of my question. First of all, I've taken Abilify in varying dosages over the past 7 years or so. To keep this question brief, here's what I need to know: can abilify begin to start causing weight gain years into taking it, whereas before it was weight-neutral for me? I'm taking a smaller dose than I used to, but recently the weight gain has started little by little. I am prescribed adderall for adhd, and that medication used to cause weight loss for me, but now, does nothing as far as my weight is concerned! I also take fluoxetine, and have that for years as well. I'm really distressed about this weight gain...my jeans/pants no longer fit, and I'm having to buy used clothes in larger size off of ebay! I'm trying to get prescribed a weight-loss medication, but my doctor seems to want to explore this abilify weight-gain avenue...I thought I was positive that the weight gain was NOT caused by abilify, but upon thinking of it, I don't know of anything else that could be causing this, as I have no health-related issues that I know of. However, I will say that on my maternal side of the family, obesity is prevalent...Not so for my Dad's side of the family. I've always been on the average-if-not-slim side, but I'm 40 years old now, and I've heard that a body can "change" as it gets older, i.e. react to medications differently, etc. Anyway, thank you all who read this and can provide advice and/or evidence of the abilify beginning to cause my weight increase.