A question about switching from methadone to suboxone
    Rezin_Bawl is offline New Member

Default A question about switching from methadone to suboxone

I was on 120mg of methadone for about 6 months and tapered down to 90mg. My last dose was on Saturday and I feel like complete >>>>. I am enrolling in a suboxone treatment program but have yet to get sub from them yet. I do however have 2 8mg suboxone strips. If I were to take some of a strip and if I felt like I was in percipitated withdrawals, could I wait aand take more suboxone later since the first dose of sub would have knocked out any remaining methadone in my system? I have taken the COWS test a bunch of times and am scoring 27 currently. Please help I feel like I'm dying and don't want to wait any longer.

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rezin_Bawl View Post
    I was on 120mg of methadone for about 6 months and tapered down to 90mg. My last dose was on Saturday and I feel like complete >>>>. I am enrolling in a suboxone treatment program but have yet to get sub from them yet. I do however have 2 8mg suboxone strips. If I were to take some of a strip and if I felt like I was in percipitated withdrawals, could I wait aand take more suboxone later since the first dose of sub would have knocked out any remaining methadone in my system? I have taken the COWS test a bunch of times and am scoring 27 currently. Please help I feel like I'm dying and don't want to wait any longer.
    Rezin I never took methadone but I do know that when a patient makes the switch from methadone to suboxone that you need to be down to 30 mg of methadone before you can switch over to suboxne. I suppose you can switch over sooner if you were to go without taking any methadone but I think it would take several days of no methadone befor it would be safe to take subs. How many I have no idea as I am not qualified to answer this. Sorry I cant be of any help here.

Alex