seroquel versus zyprexa
    freexd is offline New Member

Default seroquel versus zyprexa

I would like to know which one of these drugs isless harmful to the brain. I've tried both and found the zyprexa to be more effective, however the seroquel also works. I take currently 250 milligram seroquel which is about 5 milligram zyprexa. I am considering to switch the medication.

JeffRob887 is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by freexd View Post
    I would like to know which one of these drugs isless harmful to the brain. I've tried both and found the zyprexa to be more effective, however the seroquel also works. I take currently 250 milligram seroquel which is about 5 milligram zyprexa. I am considering to switch the medication.
    Seroquel is good for treating psychosis and mania. Fewer side effects than most antipsychotics, but might be less effective for people over age 40 with schizophrenia.

Zyprexa is also good for treating psychosis, mania, and agitation. More likely to cause weight gain and sleepiness than other antipsychotics.

This Time For Real is offline New Member

I was prescribed Zyprexa after coming off opiates to help me sleep - nothing else worked at the time being (this was years ago, the last time I kicked I found trazadone to be a lifesaver for sleep). Anyways, I was prescribed 15mg and my Doctor wanted me to stay on it for a while. I started gaining weight like crazy and I went in my next appt and told him I didn't want to take. He met me in the middle and cut my dose in half to 7.5mg. I stayed on that for 6 months. Let me tell you, I used to be a very outgoing person, lots of friends and lots of girls. This medicine turned me into an emotionless pile with absolutely NO sex drive. I finally quit after 6 months, cold turkey and never went back to that doc. For about a month it was horrible after quiting, no motivation, depressed, in a slump. Finallyy I got back to my normal self. Been off it for 4 years. Its just my opinion- but I would stay away from zyprexa. I have heard Geodon is a lot better than seroquil and zyprexa - although I have never tried seroquiL. Hope this helps.