Strange smell from Vicodin?
    BrandonSS90 Guest

Red face Strange smell from Vicodin?

When I take my daily Lortab, this happens randomly upon dosing during the day: I get this weird plasticy, like aluminum type smell, in my nose. It is a very distinct smell.

It's kinda annoying, but what the heck could it be? It's happened for awhile...

Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

It's not uncommon especially during a detox/taper of RX opiates to experience a metallic taste from even water. It's a side effect, doesn't happen to everyone, but I certainly went through it too. It drove me nuts. God bless.

BrandonSS90 Guest

Hah, I thought I was the only one.

diane1123 is offline Junior Member

I have had the same taste for a while now, anyone know how long the taste last?

Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

I was nearly clean before it stopped. Are you taking any other meds? That can also affect it. God bless.

Bonemeal is offline New Member

Sadly, I don't have an answer for you. My Lortab ITSELF smells like citrus.

I have had a similar experience with getting injections of Ketelorac Tromethamine. (Sorry for the spelling. The brand name is pronounced "Tordol", and I know that's not how it's spelled either.) Anyway, any time I get an injection of this particular drug, I get a very odd taste in my mouth. It's almost an antiseptic taste...it's quite hard to describe. No doctors or nurses have ever heard of this happening until I mentioned it.

BrandonSS90 Guest

YES, Bonemeal. I get the SAME THING, when they inject me with Lorazepam IV... like I smell it...