Sub ? Should i or should i NOT?
    numbOne is offline Member

Default Sub ? Should i or should i NOT?

Hopefully Robert_325 will help me but really open to ANYONE offering advice.

First Question: I know the half-life of soboxone is long, 72 hrs IIRC. I understand 25% reduction every 4 days. Does that mean you dose again 25% less the 4th day? simply - am i supposed to use it everyday? (Sorry if thats an obvious thing i should know)

2nd: Wondering if i should even get into it. To answer you probabaly need some background info:

I have done the stopping/starting cycle so many times over the past few years. MY D.O.C became Roxycontin. When i stopped the last time, which was 10 months ago, i was eating 5/30MG pills each day. I always went COLD TURKEY through the W/D.

2 Months ago for some crazy reason i started using again. I started with some dental work and a Script of VIC's and then quickly back to D.O.C. i flirted taking a half here or there no more than one total a day, i would skip a few days, then use a few more days...

Well as we all know that's impossible to maintain. The past two weeks it's been daily and 2/30MG's a day. I just take 1/2 at a time. Tolerance is building up and im craving for more. I know very well where this road leads.

I want to stop and although i have done this C/T many a time, just don't want to put my body through it again. Im not even sure i can take it. So i have a few slabs of Suboxone. I think more is available if needed. I want to do this starting tomorrow, with the least amount of discomfort. I am going through very difficult times in life. Drugs seem to help get me thru, but i know they are not the answer. However i can not take anymore of anything on right now or i might just fold. So i need to get over the W/D with a little help for sub this time - Never having used it before.

Please offer me advice. I really do not want to go through C/T again but if the consensus is that i am taking a small enough amount of a short enough time that it's the best answer - I will try. However, if someone can tell me where i should start with the sub (how much) and how long then i will be extremely grateful.

Please tell me exactkly how to proceed:

I have 2/8 MG strips. Should i cut the into 8 pieces? Should i cut the first into 4 and the 2nd into 8?? How much should i take on day 4, day 8 etc..

Sorry if this is a long read. I tried to make it bried. Just wanted to be clear. Thank You.Thank Thank You!!

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Here is the link for how we do this. Check the INDUCTION section very closely. I have to be away from the forum for a while but you will need more subs to do this right. And you can't just start tomorrow as you'll see by reading the link closely. I will be happy to induct you myself right here when the time gets here. God bless.

https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...apy-50887.html
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Thanks Robert. I have read that before as well as have a printout of the opiod induction checklist. Do you have any specific advice for me?

The symptoms have been coming on fast for me as what i am currently taking in Roxy's is not doing it...if i just did not take this next half in the regularly planned next 20 minutes or so by tomorrow morning will already be feeling like hell. I would like to start tomorrow. How much should i take, or do you recommend not taking any sub at all?

If you want to be able to get ready for the induction you shouldn't even take an advil, let alone a Roxi. You don't take ANYTHING period until we do the induction.

It's possible you could be ready by tomorrow but you've got to be at a 26 score on the COWS worksheet or you'll be spinning your wheels and end up sick. If you do exactly as I ask you this will go SOOO easy once I induct you and I'll have you on a tiny dose of suboxone and stable.

Trust me is all I can tell you. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Okay. So lets say i am borderline close to a 26. Considering the small amount i have been taking for the brief period of time - What would be your guess MG to start with? Then whne is the next dose? Next day or 4 days later??

How much more sub will i need to purchase? estimate is fine.

Lastly, when you write "away from forum for awhile", how long is a while? sorry to ask about personal bus. of yours but it's a scary thing to read considering what im about to do.

Quote Originally Posted by numbOne View Post
    Okay. So lets say i am borderline close to a 26. Considering the small amount i have been taking for the brief period of time - What would be your guess MG to start with? Then whne is the next dose? Next day or 4 days later??

How much more sub will i need to purchase? estimate is fine.

Lastly, when you write "away from forum for awhile", how long is a while? sorry to ask about personal bus. of yours but it's a scary thing to read considering what im about to do.

There is no "borderline". You're either a 26 or you're not. We won't touch the induction until you are a 26! You will dose every day at the same time until we have you off the subs. Did you read the taper plan in the link? It explains the entire process.

I can't tell you what you'll induct at as everyone is different. That is why I said I would help you with it. It will be a very small dose is all I can tell you. We have to see how you do. Drs tell people what they'll be inducted at and that's why they mess so many people up. I will induct you based on your symptoms at the time.

I will be gone for a couple hours. My swimming pool is dirty and have to go clean it now. But I will be back later in the day. Not leaving town or anything. RELAX!!! If you do what I say this will be a breeze. But I won't play games with the induction. It's the most important part of this deal. You will either be totally ready or I won't do anything. Talk later. God bless.