Suboxone/Premature Ejaculation
    takeiteasy is offline New Member

Default Suboxone/Premature Ejaculation

I put my problem in -Ask a Question but got no answer ,much surprised.Is it Taboo to discuss sexual problems or peoples are reluctant to join sexual complications related to Drugs.
    I am going through serious problem.About 40 days before i stopped Methadone and Switched to Suboxone with 4 tabs(2mg) and now i am on 2 tab(2mg).
    I am using no other tablet than Suboxone but i am experiencing Premature Ejaculation.As suboxone is new to me so i not know about its effects on sexual aspects.
    I want Know that is it normal with Suboxone use to have Premature Ejaculation OR i am going through the Prolonged side effects of Methadone use(personally i do not think that Methadone Stop can have effcets even after about 40 days).
    Please help me and guide me as the Current Problem of premature Ejaculation is more to bear than to use >>>>>>e or Methadone.
    Plz, let me know Cause and treatment.thanks in anticipation.

Melissa B is offline Member

Hello Takeiteasy,

I'm a woman so of course that hasn't happened to me, but I do know that when I started subs, my hormones were raging like someone who has been encarcerated for 12 years. I was very sensitive if you know what I mean. Couldn't believe it. I went from having no interest to having toooo much interest. It was disturbing to say the least. I would be at work and have horrible desires. I couldn't get a handle on it at first, but I have since calmed down. I'm getting back to normal in that dept. Hope this helps.
    Melissa

newyorkgal is offline Advanced Member

I agree with Melissa but also, I think it has something to do with the methadone. Methadone is a narcotic and narcotics surpress ejaculation. Many people have this problem while on opiates so that when you stop taking a heavy duty opiate like meth, you can have the opposite reaction as a sexual side effect. I have never heard of it being a particular side effect of sub by itself but everyone is different as Melissa just noted.