Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Robert_325
Switched from Percocet/Morphine ER to Opana ER - Is my new dose too high?
    femmy is offline New Member

Unhappy Switched from Percocet/Morphine ER to Opana ER - Is my new dose too high?

Hi,

I have been taking 35-40 mg of percocet a day for breakthrough pain along with 30 mg of morphine sulfate ER every 12 hours. I was switched to Opana ER 30 mg every 12 hours. Is this too high of a dose of Opana ER for me? I'm afraid to take my first pill this morning, please advise. Thank you.

femmy

femmy is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by femmy View Post
    Hi,

I have been taking 35-40 mg of percocet a day for breakthrough pain along with 30 mg of morphine sulfate ER every 12 hours. I was switched to Opana ER 30 mg every 12 hours. Is this too high of a dose of Opana ER for me? I'm afraid to take my first pill this morning, please advise. Thank you.

femmy
    Hi All:

Update on my post. The conversion to Opana was incorrect! Who knows what could have happened to me. I have a dr. appt on Monday to change the Opana ER from 30 mg twice a day to 15 mg twice a day. I am supposed to take the percocet and morphine until then.

I encourage everyone on opioid medcation to KNOW YOUR CONVERSIONS. Double check the conversion yourself so that you know what you are getting. I take 120 mg of morphine equivalent per day total. The Opana ER dose at 30 mg twice a day would have given me 180 mg of morphine equivalent per day!!! A 60 mg increase in morphine equivalent per day!!!

femmy

Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

You also need to tell people you're asking for advice what is wrong with you. I would stay with what you are doing until you see your dr on Monday. God bless.
    femmy likes this.