taking two meds together
    FastNOC is offline Junior Member

Default taking two meds together

Ok, so Iv'e got a dilema, I've got asthma, i started getting heavy attacks yesterday..

My doctor prescribed Ventolin and prednesone. also Amrix but i have no idea what that's for? i know it's a muscle relaxor, could that be because I've been coughing up mucous plugs recently?

anyway, here's my problem. She prescribed my Prednesone, and I'm currently taking Nuvigil (1 250mg tab per day, i break them in half and take one in the morning, one mid-day).

I asked if i could take them together, she told me I should stop the nuvigil because the presnesone is goig to hype me up, and it's not good to be on two doing the same thing.

So i asked her, "I took a half a pill of Nuvigil at 8am (it's 5:50p now), is it ok to go ahed and take the prednesone? I figured I just wouldn't take the Nuvigil.

her answer "I don't know"

So what the hell? i don't know what to do? obviously common sense dictates hold off everything until the momrning, but i wanted to see if anyone here knows the right answer

FastNOC is offline Junior Member

A mod can delete this thread, I asked my pharmacist and got through this.

Thanks

kyle84 is offline Junior Member

So, your physician asked you not to take prednosone and nuvigil at the same time? Maybe, she got some points because a few months ago, I saw the same thing in one of my colleague's prescription. His doctor also suggested him not to use them together. I think you should find someone with more experience and expertise, but don't think I am trying to tell that your doctor is less experienced. I just request you to go for further checkup.