Testimony - somethin finally worked
    pongo64 is offline Member

Default Testimony - somethin finally worked

I have been reading these forums for a long time, learning, but not really participating. I feel a little guilty. So here is my first post.

After a few tries I finally found something that works for me to shake opiate addiction. I have been using prescription opiates for 10 years; the last 2 have been the worst. I was addicted, but really only taking 2-4 Norco per day. After a motorcycle accident I began taking them and continued only to be high. After a personal tragedy, just one bad day, I started taking 10+ per day. Of course that stopped working fast so I moved on to 30Mg Oxies and ran it up to a $2000/Mo habit. I considered selling or moving to H to afford my habit and caught myself in a WTF are you thinking moment. I detoxed twice, but that was not long enough for me to really get past the fear of letting go. After reading up here, and elsewhere, I decided to find a doctor that would try a Suboxone program with me. Well, it worked. He knew his stuff, sat me down for an hour and told me how to do it right. Two 8Mg a day for a week, tapered to 8Mg per day, 4Mg then 2Mg. When I got down to 2Mg he (doc) had me skip days and continually move the time I took the drug until I just let go because I was tired of getting sleepy/dizzy which the drug does to me.

Anyway, success for me. If there is anyone out there like me, a working professional that is really ready to let go (and not just use Suboxone for a week until you get more $$) then it is worth a try. All of the other things are important. Especially the multivitamin, the exercise and staying busy/involved in building your new life. For most AA/NA is integral.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Pongo .... Happy for your success! Consider yourself lucky, it usually doesn't go quite as smoothly for most doing it that way as it did for you. But success speaks for itself and if you're clean then more power to you. God bless brother!
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

pongo64 is offline Member

Thanks a bunch Robert. I was trying to keep my post short. It was certainly not easy nor smooth. And shame on me for making it sound such. Nothing easy about addiction. I lost count of how many tries it took and the $10k I owe to hospitals will be with me for a bit. The first two days were hell as I did not listen and was not deep enough into wd. Took my first dose and hit the wall hard. Bed for 2 days, shakes sweats, vomiting the whole 9.

Again, thanks...and God does bless me that is the reason I am clean. Still getting used to saying that. Picking up my 30 chip Friday. :-)

Pongo:

Look at you...I'm so impressed! I've been in pretty deep for about three years and am trying to find the courage to change my life. I can't imagine how hard it was for you after 10 years. There's got to be more to life -- at least that's what I keep telling myself. I'm glad you found it.

Take care,
    J

jenniferd9 is offline Banned

Thanks for writing on important topic. You have shared very nice information through this thread. Thanks for information.