Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Robert_325
Vicodin / Hydrocodone / Loritab
    Jillynnie is offline Member

Question Vicodin / Hydrocodone / Loritab

Can someone please explain the true difference between these medications? Thank you, Jillynnie

shybaybe2003 is offline Senior Member

vicodin is the brand name of hydrocodone, which contains 5 mg of hydrocodone and 500 mg of acetaminophin. Lortab is another brand of hydrocodone/apap of another strenght 2.5. I dont know if it comes in any higher strenghts, but I know all hydrocodone/apap combos come in like 2.5mg, 5, 7.5 and 10.

Default they are all the same

All three of these meds are the same thing. Vicodin is just the brand name. Lortab is another brand name. Hydrocodone is generic for both Vicodin and Lortab, so if your doctor writes you a script for Vicodin 5/500 (5mg hydrocodone/500mg acetometphine) and u ask for generic at pharmacy script will read hydrocodone 5/500. Other doses include 7.5/500, 7.5/325, 7.5/650, 10/500, 10/3.25. 10mg is the strongest. I think the 10/3.25 are the best b/c it has the lowest acetomephine dose, and ace. is hard on your liver. And yes there is a 2.5 dose on these meds like other poster said. That is the lowest dose.

Other narcotics like Percodan, Percocet, Oxycodone, are not the same. These are stronger and more powerful. Oxycodone is generic for Percodan and Percocet and the only diff. between Percodan and Percocet is that one has tylenol and the other has aspirin.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-18-2011 at 01:30 PM. Reason: had to add something

Jillynnie is offline Member

Red face roxies

Thank you for your help. I thought that was the case. I am on suboxone and am vicodin free for 9 days now! I got to thinking that perhaps by stating that I was misleading as I remember the bottles stating hydrocodone, and sometimes when I would go to the pain clinic they would ask me if I was on loritab or hydrocodone. Didn't know there was a difference?

Also, when ppl are on here talking about roxies, what are they referring to? I want to be able to answer some questions or lend an ear, and don't ever comment on these as I don't know what they are talking about.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Jillynnie View Post
    Thank you for your help. I thought that was the case. I am on suboxone and am vicodin free for 9 days now! I got to thinking that perhaps by stating that I was misleading as I remember the bottles stating hydrocodone, and sometimes when I would go to the pain clinic they would ask me if I was on loritab or hydrocodone. Didn't know there was a difference?

Also, when ppl are on here talking about roxies, what are they referring to? I want to be able to answer some questions or lend an ear, and don't ever comment on these as I don't know what they are talking about.

Roxies are Roxicodone IR which is an instant release pure oxycodone but the Roxicodone is just a brand name. They were my downfall in the end. LOTS stronger and easier to abuse than hydrocodone. 30mg Roxies are known as "blue devils" as they can be sooo evil and addicting. Stay away from them would be my best advice. God bless.
    primetimegrape likes this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Default agree

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Roxies are Roxicodone IR which is an instant release pure oxycodone but the Roxicodone is just a brand name. They were my downfall in the end. LOTS stronger and easier to abuse than hydrocodone. 30mg Roxies are known as "blue devils" as they can be sooo evil and addicting. Stay away from them would be my best advice. God bless.
    Robert I couldn't agree with u more. Roxicodone are highly addictive. I had a major problem with those myself. They are like high-grade oxycodone. I got hooked on those after a dentist gave me a script only for 10 pills. I was hooked instantly and started my quest to keep finding them. That b.s. went on for 4 months before I finally went broke and quit, but the withdrawal was no fun. Yes, stay away from those, esp. if u have had a history of drug abuse. Does not mean everyone will abuse it, but that is def. one drug I had an issue with. Makes u feel way too good!!!

Default roxie comment for Robert 325

whoops, should have posted my comment here. Just read what I said in my quote section. Totally agree with u. Funny that drug came up b/c I was just talking about it the other day to my brother-in-law and the problems I had with that damn drug only after a small script was given to me. Just nuts. God Bless