Wellbutrin bad reactions
    sandra4453 is offline New Member

Default Wellbutrin bad reactions

Can't take Paxil or Zoloft...both made my depression (grief related) severly worse. The dr. put me on Wellbutrin 150 mg XL a few weeks ago. Had no side effects except for interrupted sleep. It didn't make me feel better, didn't make me feel worse. 4 days ago, the dr. prescribed 350 mg. XL. She told me I wouldn't get the benefit of the drug until I was at this level and being that I was able to tolerate it at 150 mg, she prescribed the higher dose.

Everything I have read on consumer review boards about the side effects of this drug, people say these effects subside and to stick with it. My problem is that these side effects have become so extreme now that I'm fearful of continuing and wondering if I'm just one of those people who can't tolerate it. The worst is feeling like I want to jump out of my skin, feeling very anxious and just awful. I took a Xanix, hoping it would help and didn't feel it's effect...the Wellbutrin was overpowering. Can't get more than a few hours sleep without waking up. Took Tylenol PM last night and it helped though I still woke up in the middle of the night. The added benefits are no desire whatsoever to smoke and little appetite.

Do these bad effects subside in time? Is it worth it to feel this lousy in the meantime? Maybe I need to be prescribed a dose somewhere inbetween the 150mg and 300mg? Has anyone else here had these reactions and did they subside and if so, how long did it take?
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-18-2011 at 06:44 AM.

semisocial is offline New Member

Thumbs down

I need to tell you, Wellbutrin in my opinion is HORRIFIC.
    It made me nothing but paranoid, jumpy, appetiteless, scared and tired.
    I would rather smoke than take this drug again. I would flush it down the toilet but I dont want it to get in the water system and poison others.
    I'm no crier but this pill made me emotional, needy and snappy.
    I cant imagine the guts it has taken you to even consider upping the dosage. I wanted it out of my system after six days. I am only on Lexapro (Cipralex) and I will never change it. Wellbutrin did not work well for me AT ALL.

sandra4453 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by semisocial View Post
    I need to tell you, Wellbutrin in my opinion is HORRIFIC.
    It made me nothing but paranoid, jumpy, appetiteless, scared and tired.
    I would rather smoke than take this drug again. I would flush it down the toilet but I dont want it to get in the water system and poison others.
    I'm no crier but this pill made me emotional, needy and snappy.
    I cant imagine the guts it has taken you to even consider upping the dosage. I wanted it out of my system after six days. I am only on Lexapro (Cipralex) and I will never change it. Wellbutrin did not work well for me AT ALL.
    Thanks for your input. I ended up stopping completely. This drug made everything I was feeling worse and on top of that, added new, disturbing feelings to my already broken down emotions. Being so severely depressed to begin with and adding this dangerous drug to my system, was like putting a bullet to my head. Unfortunately, I was very disappointed in my dr. when she told me that I didn't give it enough time to work. Nothing is worth feeling that lousy, as the Wellbutrin made me feel. NEVER AGAIN!

shybaybe2003 is offline Member

have you tired cymbalta? maybe its SSRI your sensitive too. I think cymbalta is a SNRI. good luck.!