Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ricky71
What can i do to help my bf who is withdrawing from OxyContin
    vanegx is offline New Member

Default What can i do to help my bf who is withdrawing from OxyContin

My boyfriend has been clean from oxy for about 2 weeks now... he was a heavy user, probably using between 15-20 pills a day. He used to be on suboxone until he realized the subs are just as bad as using oxy, he's relapsed many times so he decided he is just quitting subs and oxy cold turkey. We've talked many times about how he really does want to quit but I understand a drug addict will never stop thinking about drugs, so i just want to know from someone who's been there what is the best thing to do. I do not plan on leaving him. He's waiting to get into a rehab facility and he's gone through the worst of the withdrawals however i know that some days he just doesn't want to get out of bed cause his body is in so much pain and i hate to see that. I know using one drug to get off another one isn't the best way to fix things but I don't get mad at him when he wants to smoke some weed to get the thoughts of oxy out of his head. However, for anyone who's been there they know that after using oxy, weed will only do so much. In terms of the pain that someone goes through during a withdrawal, what can I suggest to him which will make the body pain better until he goes away? I've read about how baths usually work but i'm not sure if there's more

Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by vanegx View Post
    My boyfriend has been clean from oxy for about 2 weeks now... he was a heavy user, probably using between 15-20 pills a day. He used to be on suboxone until he realized the subs are just as bad as using oxy, he's relapsed many times so he decided he is just quitting subs and oxy cold turkey. We've talked many times about how he really does want to quit but I understand a drug addict will never stop thinking about drugs, so i just want to know from someone who's been there what is the best thing to do. I do not plan on leaving him. He's waiting to get into a rehab facility and he's gone through the worst of the withdrawals however i know that some days he just doesn't want to get out of bed cause his body is in so much pain and i hate to see that. I know using one drug to get off another one isn't the best way to fix things but I don't get mad at him when he wants to smoke some weed to get the thoughts of oxy out of his head. However, for anyone who's been there they know that after using oxy, weed will only do so much. In terms of the pain that someone goes through during a withdrawal, what can I suggest to him which will make the body pain better until he goes away? I've read about how baths usually work but i'm not sure if there's more
    I would recommend starting a new thread in the "Need To Talk" forum, there is a lot more traffic over there. Just copy this post to the new thread, you'll get plenty of good advce and support!
    DravenDomnq likes this.

ShawnnaCox is offline New Member

I can only add my heartfelt thoughts and a couple pieces of my own exp.. as for suboxone.. yes it can be just as bad but it can also work.. it got my mom off them! So don't rule it out without experience....

The only sure fire thing you could do is get to the er. They'll control his withdrawal. I'm sorry I have a family member recently go through morphine withdrawal it's HARSH
    !!