Will Midrin cause me to test dirty on a UA?
    Crash_test_dummy is offline New Member

Default Will Midrin cause me to test dirty on a UA?

I have to take a UA for work on monday. Will Midrin ( migraine meds ) make me test dirty?

newyorkgal is offline Advanced Member

Midrin contains three components. One is just Tylenol. One is Dichloralphenazone which is a mild sedative (breaks down into chloral hydrate) and one is isometheptene, which narrows the blood vessels and is a stimulant. In looking it up for you, I read a post where someone did test positive for one of the ingredients. But it would depend what kind of urine test we're talking about. Hopefully, they don't look for any of this in the basic 5 panel screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Crash_test_dummy View Post
    I have to take a UA for work on monday. Will Midrin ( migraine meds ) make me test dirty?
    If you were prescribed this medication by a physician than just write that information down before the test is taken because there is absolutely nothing wrong with taking migraine medication. The test is totally dependent on what the urinalysis is testing for, there is variation between tests, but I would take a guess that it would not show up on there based on the ingredients in Midrin, but yes it is possible.
    ---I answer questions to the best of my ability, but with always limited knowledge of the patient's situation and no ability to see your chart or full medical history my advice is limited and should also be confirmed with your own doctor/pharmacist/etc. Also, I do not promote following my advice without proper approval from your doctor either--

Dr. B

Crash_test_dummy is offline New Member

It is my wifes prescription, so hopefully I will just get a standard 5 panel. I have no idea what test they actually use but hopefully it won't bite me in the butt for trying to get rid of a hellish headache that excedrin migraine wouldn't get rid of.

Thanks for your responses!