Will Morphine show in a urine test for oxy?
    ThisSux is offline New Member

Default Will Morphine show in a urine test for oxy?

A friend of mine snorted a 60mg ms contin thinking it was an oxycontin and he has a doctor's appt. on Tues, (2 days from now). He is prescribed Oxycontin and they will be testing his urine for that. Will they see the morphine?

Cats Meow is offline Platinum Member

You bet your britches they will, morphine is a standard panel in even a 6 panel piss test.

ThisSux is offline New Member

Thanks Cats.
    Well, how long will it take to get out of his system? Would a doctor be likely to cancel his prescription for oxy because of finding morphine in his test?

MSt
    MSt is offline New Member

Default Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by ThisSux View Post
    A friend of mine snorted a 60mg ms contin thinking it was an oxycontin and he has a doctor's appt. on Tues, (2 days from now). He is prescribed Oxycontin and they will be testing his urine for that. Will they see the morphine?
    This issue here is WHY are they doing a UA on your friend??? Are they suspecting that he is up to something, or some other reason??? Oxy is a semi-synthetic opiate while morphine is not, so assuming your friend takes his oxy so it is in his blood as it should be, I can't see much of a problem. If they're running a regular opiate screen, it won't differentiate between one opiate or another, and if they're testing specifically for oxycodone, then that's what they'll find and your friend is gonna be fine. Some precautions (lots of water etc...might be a good idea, so long as the oxy is continued b/c it is supposed to be there).

If they are testing for serum or other levels then your friend is fine b/c they are looking to see how fast he's metabolizing it and if the dosage needs to be changed.
    Needless to say, no more morphine, lots of water, Oxycodone as usual and he'll most likely be OK. Lucky for him 60mg is a very small dose, and crushed and insufflated to bypass the time release mechanism, Morphine's half-life is very short (so is Oxycodone's).
    There's not much else that can be done. Best of luckl; I think it'll be alright.

Cats Meow is offline Platinum Member

Four to five days, and yes he may d/c it, or make him sign a drug contract, doc's frown on self-medication, and has his or her license to protect.

doc.rose is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MSt View Post
    This issue here is WHY are they doing a UA on your friend??? Are they suspecting that he is up to something, or some other reason??? Oxy is a semi-synthetic opiate while morphine is not, so assuming your friend takes his oxy so it is in his blood as it should be, I can't see much of a problem. If they're running a regular opiate screen, it won't differentiate between one opiate or another, and if they're testing specifically for oxycodone, then that's what they'll find and your friend is gonna be fine. Some precautions (lots of water etc...might be a good idea, so long as the oxy is continued b/c it is supposed to be there).

If they are testing for serum or other levels then your friend is fine b/c they are looking to see how fast he's metabolizing it and if the dosage needs to be changed.
    Needless to say, no more morphine, lots of water, Oxycodone as usual and he'll most likely be OK. Lucky for him 60mg is a very small dose, and crushed and insufflated to bypass the time release mechanism, Morphine's half-life is very short (so is Oxycodone's).
    There's not much else that can be done. Best of luckl; I think it'll be alright.
    Hey MSt! I think you should post more often. You seem very knowledgeable and supportive. Please visit the forum more often. If more people post then I think more people will be helped.
    Th

harleyhoney2130 is offline New Member

no morphine is not the same as oxy! i wish you luck
    will make it thru with gods help