Xanax and alcohol, risks?
    Awosk1 is offline New Member

Default Xanax and alcohol, risks?

A few times now i've taken two 2mg xanax and drank a few beers, I cant usually remember much of the night and I dont tend to get my energy back till a couple of days after, during the night I tend to pass out alot and fall asleep and have alot of trouble staying awake. I would like to know if there are any direct health risks from mixing the two drugs such as heart attack stroke ect and how much xanax and how much alcohol you can consume before you enter the danger zone. I usually take xanax for my panic attacks and kind of discovered the joys of mixing with alcohol by accident as no one warned me about it, but like all things good theres always downsides and I was wondering what they are, im Australian and we have a different metric system but im 66 kg's and around 5'9 tall if that helps in any way. Any help will be greatfully appreciated, thanks very much for your time.

MandyKoo is offline New Member

Smile

My experience of Xanax when I was taking it a few years ago was that it wasn't a medication that should be taken with alcohol. I don't know much about what level you would need to consume to enter the "danger zone" but my experience was that any amount was too much because it led to risky behaviour due to one's judgement becoming severely impaired.

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Awosk1 View Post
    A few times now i've taken two 2mg xanax and drank a few beers, I cant usually remember much of the night and I dont tend to get my energy back till a couple of days after, during the night I tend to pass out alot and fall asleep and have alot of trouble staying awake. I would like to know if there are any direct health risks from mixing the two drugs such as heart attack stroke ect and how much xanax and how much alcohol you can consume before you enter the danger zone. I usually take xanax for my panic attacks and kind of discovered the joys of mixing with alcohol by accident as no one warned me about it, but like all things good theres always downsides and I was wondering what they are, im Australian and we have a different metric system but im 66 kg's and around 5'9 tall if that helps in any way. Any help will be greatfully appreciated, thanks very much for your time.
    you said it all yourself. cant remember much. pass out a lot. theres some risks right there. i used to abuse benzos and alcohol, thought it was pretty cool, but really i was just bein a dumbarse.....

''kind of discovered the joys of mixing it with alcohol''

be careful. you are playing with fire.... danger zone is never clear when you play with booze and benzos... in my experience too, once you have a couple and are 'enjoying the buzz'' its too easy to have a couple more, couple more, and then bam, you have passed the danger zone....

mandykoos post is very good also. risky behaviour because of severely impaired judgement... says it all....