Xanax and my body
    tjrenner is offline New Member

Default Xanax and my body

Been taking Xanax now since Saturday, 2.5mg pills 2x a day - WAY TOO MUCH. So, Sunday, I cut it to 1 2.5mg pill, and yesterday, to a half. I am not taking them anymore, can't handle them. So - my question is to you, how long until I can urinate them out of my body and there be 0 trace of them in my system? Is there ANYTHING that can be done to help speed this process up any, if at all?

Robert_325 is offline Retired

There are no 2.5mg xanax that exist. Do you mean .25mg or are you taking the bars?
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

tjrenner is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    There are no 2.5mg xanax that exist. Do you mean .25mg or are you taking the bars?
    I am taking the 2.5mg bars, and they do exist. At least so says Walgreens pharmacy who filled my prescription. And at any rate that isn't an answer to my question. But they are yellow, and they are divided in to 5 equal sqares, each containing .5mg. My therapist said my PTSD requires I take 3x day nd I am a drooling bumbling zombie, and cannot do anything.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by tjrenner View Post
    I am taking the 2.5mg bars, and they do exist. At least so says Walgreens pharmacy who filled my prescription. And at any rate that isn't an answer to my question. But they are yellow, and they are divided in to 5 equal sqares, each containing .5mg. My therapist said my PTSD requires I take 3x day nd I am a drooling bumbling zombie, and cannot do anything.

I have seen yellow bars but they were 2mg. Different companies make different colored pills. That doesn't matter, it's irrelevant. Three bars a day for a new patient is an awfully high dose. I wouldn't ever suggest anyone take that dose, especially to start. You say you're a "drooling bumbling zombie". That doesn't sound like what I would want or allow to happen to me regardless of who told me to do it. You'll end up addicted to that dose in a matter of a few short weeks. Then if you decide to suddenly stop you'll be in danger of having seizures. I wouldn't do it, but would see a different dr. I wouldn't trust a dr that did that to me.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.