Zoloft Dosage
    mp29 is offline New Member

Default Zoloft Dosage

How high in dosage can one go with zoloft without impairing one's ability to function? Have an excellent physician and the goal is 400mg for GAD.

Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

Default ERIN are you out there lurking???

Quote Originally Posted by maryplotz2939 View Post
    How high in dosage can one go with zoloft without impairing one's ability to function? Have an excellent physician and the goal is 400mg for GAD.

I usually stay away from the antidepressant questions. Erin has been around here a long time and does great on this subject. I've taken every AD known to man but only in years past. The drs finally determined I was just mad and not clinically depressed. I could have told them that if they would have just asked. I never took over about 150mg of zoloft as I recall. 400mg seems a little high to me but I'm hoping Erin will reply to this. IF she doesn't I will email her and get her to talk to you. God bless.

Smile zoloft dosage

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    I usually stay away from the antidepressant questions. Erin has been around here a long time and does great on this subject. I've taken every AD known to man but only in years past. The drs finally determined I was just mad and not clinically depressed. I could have told them that if they would have just asked. I never took over about 150mg of zoloft as I recall. 400mg seems a little high to me but I'm hoping Erin will reply to this. IF she doesn't I will email her and get her to talk to you. God bless.
    I am probably messing this up. I have OCD/GAD. Seems high to me also. What time is it anyway. My time in MI is 7:17pm. Looks confusing to me. Hi Robert. Just getting back into the discussion thing.

Mary

Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

Quote Originally Posted by maryplotz2939 View Post
    I am probably messing this up. I have OCD/GAD. Seems high to me also. What time is it anyway. My time in MI is 7:17pm. Looks confusing to me. Hi Robert. Just getting back into the discussion thing.

Mary

Mary .... I just now emailed Erin. She will reply I'm positive as soon as she reads my email and is able. Listen to Erin, she knows this subject as well as anyone I know. God bless.

erinkj is offline Senior Member

Arrow Mary

Hello. Sorry it took so long for me to get to you. Thanks Rob for letting me know . Hope all is well with you?!

OK Mary, First, I am not a doctor but, I do know these drugs. Not all people are affected in the same way by the same med's, however 400mgs of zoloft is well above the average theraputic dosage. The average target dose is usually a build up to 150 mgs. Now, I have known of people who took up to 250 mgs but, never 400. If you have GAD then, zoloft, esp at that high a dose, is more likely to aggrevate the problem not help it. Zoloft can have a stimulating effect on anxiety thereby causing anxiousness and even panic attacks. Like I said though, not everyone reacts the same. If I were you, I would take the dose increase very slow....waiting at least 4 weeks between increases if possible. Listen closely to your body, it will let you know if you need to back off or increase. Keep a journal of side effects and mood's, etc. That will help you later in determining the drugs effectivness in treating your condition....If you have ANY questions, don't hesitate to ask...Good luck...Peace....Erin

Red face Zoloft Dosage

Erin,

I sure hope I have your name right. I am going to a very good psychiatrist. He started me on 50mg and within 2 months my symptoms weren't better so he just increased it to 300 mg last week. I went up 50mg at a time in 2 months. I have been chemically re-wired over my life-span and no medication lasts for long. It became so bad in December that I actually thought I was going to hang it up. I have terrible OCD and GAD with depression. I hear what you are saying and I agree with you. I am literally scared for my life with this most recent bought of symptoms. Therapy I don't do anymore. Talking makes me actually worse if that makes any sense. I have been on so much medication over the years that even I can't believe it. Thanks for your input. I value it. Thanks Robert too.

mary

hawk10 is offline New Member

Hello,
    I take a mixture of prescribed medications for OCD, ADHD, GAD, and depression. Currently I take 200mg of zoloft, 30mg of adderall, and 2mg of xanax daily. The xanax help tremedously with nerves and anxious feelings, and the adderall does a great deal to help me focus. Also, previous to the zoloft and adderall i had issues with aggression, i have found that if i take these meds. religiously i am a completely different person. As with all anti-depressants it is important to get on them and stay on them. If i lapse in my dose it doesn't take long for me to feel edgy again. I think i would be lying to myself or anyone who reads this to say that this combination is an end-all, be-all fix, but compared to everything else i have been on this combination has worked the best. Good luck to all on this board, these conditions are something that we all deal with on daily basis, and can be taxing on us and those around us. My biggest piece of advice, again, is to find the right dosage for you, and do not stray from that routine.

P.S. I must mention that i am 6'2" and weigh 250lbs. For some, the dosage of the medications that are prescribed to me may be a little high, it varys from individual to individual. To answer the question, do these meds. affect my ability to function? For the first couple of weeks i experienced abnormal sleep patterns as well as hit-and-miss nausea, more than likely due to the adderall. But as of yet this combination has not had an affect on my ability to function.
    Good Luck! and God Bless!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-09-2009 at 12:44 AM.