6 days with no sleep after oxys
    lasttimequitting is offline New Member

Default 6 days with no sleep after oxys

Hi peeps, i'm new on here and to forums in general. I hope I'm posting properly. I have been on oxycontin, roughly 200 mgs for 4 years. Ive had enough and gone cold turkey. Its been 6 days now and the worst is over. However, I haven't slept more than 2 hours each night and not at all last night. I was wondering if anyone has had similar experience and how long this lasts. Funny thing is, I should be a walking Zombie but I'm not. Will this pass or do I need to take meds to get a nights sleep? Thanks in advance. I will not go back on oxy's ever again.

Anonymous Guest

hey last...
    It will pass.
    Sadly sleep comes last, but it does come.
    Hang in there

Thanks Shadow, any idea of a time frame. I need to get back to work but I cant go ln this shape that's for sure.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Hi Last,

Everyone is different. I know that's not the answer you want. For the most part for me it was a very gradual return to a "normal" sleep pattern. I remember newly clean in early 2010, I think I used very close to those same words. It is very odd indeed that I was running on empty but still running. I didn't think it was possible. The return of sleep for me was so gradual in fact, that I didn't notice and there would be good nights and bad nights. At some point I guess I started to have more good nights than bad. No help, right? I don't know but hopefully you're not far from starting to have a decent night's sleep every now and again. Unfortunately, for me it wasn't like all of the other symptoms that seemed to have magically disappeared on Day 6. Sleeplessness hung on for a bit. My advice is take the sleep when you can get it. If I was tired or sleepy during the day I didn't dare take a nap thinking it would just make it harder to sleep that night. I found out it didn't make a difference so if I could catch a few winks, regardless of when it was I took them.

Hope sleep finds you soon.

Peace,

Cat

Thanks cat, I appreciate you sharing your past experience with me. I actually got almost 4 hours last night and I will see what tonight brings. One thing for sure, I will rise above all of this and emerge the person I was meant to be. I am taking control of my life. I will tell you a little about how I approached quitting this time. It was pretty much a mental game as it is with most I'm sure. I no longer let my subconscious thoughts control my life. I am in control, I decide what I do and when I do it. Subconscious thoughts are the thoughts that entice, tempt, and sometimes persuade. WE ALL HAVE THE ABILITY TO CONTROL OUR SUBCONSCIOUS THOUGHTS! When they enter your mind..... use your conscious thought and discard the subconscious thoughts that temp you. It is your mind, you CAN control what you think about. I invite anyone who reads this to try an exercise. When people have unwanted or unpleasant thoughts, they tend to linger on them and make them bigger than what they are. Thoughts like that are a complete waste of your time. There is no good that can come from bad thoughts! When you have an unwanted or unpleasant thought that enters your mind, the first thing is to recognize it for what it is, a BAD THOUGHT. Holy cow, I want another pill, or man I cant wait to get my next morph or whatever the case may be. That is your subconscious mind talking, not your conscious mind. You CAN control those thoughts. When your mind tells you that you want another hit or fix, RECOGNIZE that thought as a NOT BEING a conscious thought, but a SUBCONCIOUS thought. Because that's exactly what it is. Refuse to let that subconscious thought decide your future, and allow it to leave your mind and change your thought pattern. I know this may sound strange and some people might say " I cant control what I think", .....but you can. Try it and work on it with other issues in your life and or your addiction. You are the boss and you are in control. Don't let your subconscious mind run your life!
    I don't claim to be an expert guys and girls, and I know that its only been 8 days clean, but make not mistake, I have learned to control my thoughts to a point where I will never allow drugs to control my life again, and you can too!

That's all for now.
    God bless and I wish you all success with whatever it is that you decide to do in life!

P.S. Cat I love your quote. I am going to use it. Thank you.

12 Days now and still no sleep. Sometimes a couple of hours and sometimes nothing. I have to stay the course though and hope sleep comes soon. I have taken very strong sleeping pills and all they do is make my eyelids heavy but I still cant sleep. This is very hard on the family life. . Thanks again Shadow and Cat.
    I do apologize if my last post comes on a little strong. I know how hard it is to quit and I didn't mean to make it sound like it was easy. Sometimes I really doubt I can do this and other times I am so strong. its a battle.

Peace all

37 days and I'm getting some sleep now. I can sleep 6-7 hours a night now. Its been that way for about 10 days now, so it took about 27 days to get back to somewhat normal. It was worth the struggle. My mind is a lot clearer and getting better each day. My focus has totally changed where I think about Oxy's less and less and can focus on bettering my family's life. You can do it people! Take back your life and live it how it was meant to be lived.

Be Strong and Determined,