Best Route For Fibromyalgia Treatment
    GenRx is offline New Member

Default Best Route For Fibromyalgia Treatment

I was recently diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. I've already tried Lyrica, which I had to get off of within the first three days due to the side effects. I was having worse anxiety, terrible depression, confusion, blurred vision, the works. My doctor is now switching me to Neurontin, since the Lyrica did help a bit.

To those out there with Fibromyalgia, what worked best for you? I've done some reading and there's all kinds of helpful meds, but what combination of treatments worked best for you?

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GenRx View Post
    I was recently diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. I've already tried Lyrica, which I had to get off of within the first three days due to the side effects. I was having worse anxiety, terrible depression, confusion, blurred vision, the works. My doctor is now switching me to Neurontin, since the Lyrica did help a bit.

To those out there with Fibromyalgia, what worked best for you? I've done some reading and there's all kinds of helpful meds, but what combination of treatments worked best for you?
    HI Genrx
    I dont thik you will like my answer, I have tried all the fibro drugs and have fornd that
    exercise and diet and the things that have heled me the most, if you want to here mpre just drop me a line
    your friend and sister in fibro
    Melida

SDMC is offline New Member

Lyrica and Ultram became a nightmare for me.

Over the course of a few years I went from a functioning human to sleeping 18 hours a day. My body became dependent on the medicines and when they seemed to stop helping all the doctor could do was try to add more drugs to the list.

I'm lyrica free and now ultram free for the first time in years. I'm still going through the dregs of withdrawal from the ultram. So please be careful.

I don't know the right answer. I just know that in the end the medicines made me feel worse than the fibro did and at the time I didn't believe that was possible.

Wish you all the best.

SDMC

ihaveitbad is offline New Member

try liquid form of glousamine chrondriton made by wellesse in walmart has MSM in it. donttake it of you are allergic to shellfish/crabs. othrewise it helped me with my fibro you will see almost immead results b/c iti s bioavaible liquid. if it gives you stomach ache take it with food. or that means your body can not take it. also if that dont work try prozac, i know it sounds weird but i am going back on the proazac after tomorrow i took my last oxys today tomorrow i will need to be on AD to help me......in addition to the valium/and other stuff good luck sweetie the drugs companys like to push the lyrica, i took it and it was costly, and made me gain 54 pounds

Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

There is a new drug out called Savella that is specifically made for fibro. I also have fibro and was offered the Savella but like Melinda I've been trying to focus on exercise and diet. I have fibro, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Raynaud's Phenomenon and APS ( antiphospholipid syndrome) which causes blood clots. Have had three in the last four years but seem to be doing better with the exercise and diet route so far. If you're interested here is a link for the Savella. God bless.

https://www.drugs.com/cdi/savella.html

ihaveitbad is offline New Member

hi robert- if this is a new drug it will have a high deductable, b/c generics dont come out for a long time, perhaps the company that makes it will offer a stipend towards using it if it is prescrbed.
    I also have fibro, wheat-gluten celiac disease, sjogrens, and 11 screws/4 metal plates in my neck, plus 2 pins in my left shoudler. i have been on nuerontin, lyrica, pregablin, and a whole host of other meds from a-z and back again.
    but what works, works best as they say.
    i have tried to go the natural route when i get no where with the docs, sometimes i get no where with the natural food places either b/c they wanna push just about everything they have in the store for you cause they make money. 6 and one half dozen of the other. try what ever works....so long as it is not addicting in the long run casue then you will be back here doing WD's again. good luck

Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

Quote Originally Posted by ihaveitbad View Post
    hi robert- if this is a new drug it will have a high deductable, b/c generics dont come out for a long time, perhaps the company that makes it will offer a stipend towards using it if it is prescrbed.
    I also have fibro, wheat-gluten celiac disease, sjogrens, and 11 screws/4 metal plates in my neck, plus 2 pins in my left shoudler. i have been on nuerontin, lyrica, pregablin, and a whole host of other meds from a-z and back again.
    but what works, works best as they say.
    i have tried to go the natural route when i get no where with the docs, sometimes i get no where with the natural food places either b/c they wanna push just about everything they have in the store for you cause they make money. 6 and one half dozen of the other. try what ever works....so long as it is not addicting in the long run casue then you will be back here doing WD's again. good luck

I've been clean for eight years. I won't be back here doing w/d for anything. I don't take narcotic medications. My almost 10,000 posts aren't from looking for help to get clean. God bless.

GenRx is offline New Member

I was just curious what works for everyone. I exercise three times a week or so and try not to push myself too hard. I've been staying on a steady sleep schedule. I think neurontin helps me sleep sounder and better than I usually do. I believe I read that somewhere. neurontin also seems to help my mood, oddly enough it makes me a bit more cheery than usual.

I'm not exactly sure what kind of diet I should be on. Right now I'm just trying to keep it as healthy as possible - lots of protein, not a whole lot of carbs etc. If anyone has some diet suggestions that would be great, but I suppose I should probably go get a food allergy test to see if I'm allergic/sensitive to anything I'm eating.

For now, 300mg Neurontin daily coupled with my Suboxone (which I'm tapering off) seems to work well, as far as drugs go.