Depression
    om27664 is offline New Member

Default Depression

My wife, Mithu, is suffering from major depression and anxiety from last December. We met a Doctor. He prescribed Escitalopram, Olanzapine, Clonazepam and Mitazapine. This treatment wad going on till 21st March. But not much improvement was noticed so we visited another Psychiatrist. He prescribed Venlafexine 150mg once at night, same 75mg once after lunch, Clonazepam 1 mg twice and Dothiepin 75 mg once, same 25 mg again once a day. Still these medicines are going on. Improvement was noticed in three fronts, early morning vomitting tendency disappeared, food interest has come back, sleep at night has improved almost 15 days ago. But her mood is still bad, ocassionally crying, does not have any interest in any work and all.
    Do you think she needs something else. She is losing her patience. My doctor asked us to wait for another fortnight. But really we are feeling very sad.

Thisweekforsure is offline Advanced Member

I am sorry you are going through this. I know it is hard to wait but that might be the best thing to do. Antidepressants can take time before the full effect is noticed. I doubt anyone here would presume to suggest another drug, as your wife's doctor is the one who knows her full history and is the best one to trust. Every drug that is added complicates things so it's best to be on the fewest drugs possible, so I agree with the doctor to give it more time for the current treatment to work before making another change. Best of luck to you both, I hope your wife is feeling better soon.