Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Randy35
  • 1 Post By T-Jay
Help!... Norco has control?
    T-Jay is offline Junior Member

Default Help!... Norco has control?

not new to this addiction stuff..... alcohol free now for 7 years ,,,street drug free for 11 years..I am 53 years old.
    had surgery on my right shoulder & about exactly one year from that ,,had surgery on my left shoulder that did not fully recover,,always in pain,, been taking Norco 325/5 six per day to keep this at bay prescribed by my doctor, Been on this dosage for about 5-6 years now,, .... I'm still in pain and Norco does its job 2 in the morning,,2 midday and 2 at bedtime.
    But I feel like these things have a hold on me,,if I miss or I am late taking my dose,,I feel really odd? and I ain't liking it! I feel like these things are alive inside me,,I'm going to start taking less and tamper down off these. I feel if I totally stopped it would be bad?,,,does this make any sense to anyone?

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Glad you want to stop before it gets any further out of control. Your plan to taper is ok, but just know that tapering a narcotic takes an enourmous amount of strength and willpower. Reason being when the going gets tough you know those pills are there and it's very easy to take one that you know will make you feel better. There's really no easy way out, some pain and a mental battle should be expected for what we put our bodies through. Tapering can be done, it's just very difficult to get all the way down low in dose. I speak from experience trying more times than I can count.

Because your habit is a fairly low one it would be best in my opinion to just get it over with by going cold turkey. Yes you will have symptoms for around 7 days give or take, and the worst will usually be days 3-4 for most people. After that the days gets better and better.

If you taper it drags out over time and you won't always be feeling so well anyway. Some days will have you really struggling not to take a pill per your schedule of lowering doses. If you stop abruptly you're clean the very next day! Plenty of people attempt to taper off, but it seems very few actually make it.

I'm NOT saying you can't for a minute. Yes you can do it, if you're strong, and if you really WANT IT more than anything. We'll help and support you all the way no matter how you do this. Good luck, best wishes, and keep posting - that really helps you get through it also!

-Randy

P.S. This section is very slow and not many members frequent this part. Make a new thread in the Need to Talk part and you'll receive many more responses.
    T-Jay likes this.

Thank you Randy35 for your time to reply.......
    for me it's best to have the drugs in hand to quit. I've had over 30+ years of addiction to alcohol and other drugs and I quit all those with the garbage in my home and never set foot into AA or any rehab places..
    also I've had to tamper off other meds my doctor had given me,,,,This ones different
    but think your right,,, just stop?,, I know that I do not like the way I feel all the time and it's worse when I'm late taking my dose or forget to take it,,,,what a horrible drug,,I'd rather live in pain from my shoulder than feel like this,, another bunch of my life wasted not to mention I feel my memory is getting worse.
    this is going to be tough..
    I respect this drug enough not to abuse it but I think this drug doesn't respect me, it wants to control me.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-19-2014 at 03:44 PM.

day 1 Sunday 12-21-14 8:55am good -bye Norco,,,,,wish me luck
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.