high cholesterol but dont want to take meds
    jamie_72 is offline New Member

Default high cholesterol but dont want to take meds

I have very high cholesterol 317, and low vitamin d I also have celiac disease but on a strict gluten free diet or 5 years. My total cholesterol/Hdl ratio is2.86. My Hdl/LDL ratio is .585 and my triglyceride /Hdl ratio is .748. my md wants me to take medication ; i do not want to take medication.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-14-2013 at 06:32 PM.

jimCRUSH is offline New Member

thats high results and I think proper meds treatment is must needed, thing is if you decide to start to go with meds it gonna affect your lifestyle as these are serious problems.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-15-2013 at 10:26 AM.

ARTIST658 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jamie_72 View Post
    I have very high cholesterol 317, and low vitamin d I also have celiac disease but on a strict gluten free diet or 5 years. My total cholesterol/Hdl ratio is2.86. My Hdl/LDL ratio is .585 and my triglyceride /Hdl ratio is .748. my md wants me to take medication ; i do not want to take medication.

Why would you not want to take medication that may save your life? There are some people with inherent cholesterol issues that can not be resolved by change of diet alone.

martinau is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by jamie_72 View Post
    You can outsmart high cholesterol. Eat a healthy diet, exercise, and take medicine as your doctor recommends to lower your levels (Dont run away from them!!!).

The first step: Ask your doctor if it’s time for you to have a fasting cholesterol blood test. If they're high, ask your doctor what numbers are ideal for you based on your personal health and risk factors. Also ask how often you need the test.