Was I dt'ing? I felt awful!
    Kelleygirl76 is offline New Member

Default Was I dt'ing? I felt awful!

ok, so I tried to set my account up Saturday, because I was feeling REALLY bad, and didn't know what it was. I didn't get the confirmation email until after I had finally fallen in to a fitful sleep at around 6:30 am, Sunday. Here's what happened.

I've been on lortab for almost two years for neuropathy, neuralgia, whatever. My dose is 10mg, 3 to 4 times a day, with a max of 90 a month. I typically take one half every 4 to 6 hours. Due to my pain level and mismanagement, I ran out last Friday, and my script was not refillable until Sunday.

Saturday night, after spending the day cleaning and packing for our upcoming move, I found myself in a lot of pain and unable to rest. In a panic, I took the only thing I could find. Lyrica,100mg. It was prescribed to me, over a year ago. I quickly remembered why I quit taking it, when I started feeling VERY high and couldn't see straight. Yep, I remember. Vision trouble.

As I lay around, trying to get some sleep, my legs (which is where most of my pain originates) began to burn. Bad. And I couldn't keep them still. I would sit there and this feeling would build up, telling me to move my legs.......I would try to fight it, but I couldn't. It was either MOVE my damn legs or go crazy. And , GOD, they hurt! Which I get. I have leg pain. But it was fierce! I tried everything. I listened to music, thought of anything but my stinking legs. Nothing worked. I had to keep them moving, or I would die. It wasn't cramps. I suppose it was some kind of restless leg thing. I finally slept from about 6:30 am until about 8 am. I was tired, but felt better. My husband got my pain meds for me around noon. By that time, my pain was bad, but the crazy leg thing was done.

What I wonder is this, how much of that was my adverse reaction to the lyrica (100mg, which I now remember that I had to titrate up to that amount) and how much was or could have been dt's? I have been thinking of coming off the lortab, anyway, to have a baby. My dad (a pharmacist) thinks my dose is low enough that I wouldn't have much of a withdrawal. I spent some time last Saturday reading posts here of people taking 5 to 10 times what I take, and their withdrawal, but how about someone who only takes 25 to 40 mg a day? How bad would that be?

Also, my PM doc wants to put me on methadone, should I get pregnant. Is that a good idea? My inclination is to say NO! But, what are my options, otherwise? Anyone know?

Thanks for reading!

SeekinSober is offline Member

Yes, I think you were in opiate withdrawal.

Kelleygirl76 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by SeekinSober View Post
    Yes, I think you were in opiate withdrawal.

So that was it, then? It only lasted about 8 hours, tops. I thought dt took days or weeks. I realize that I began taking the lortab again, but other than just pain, my episode was over 4 or 5 hours before I took the lortab.

Also, is there ANYTHING out there for pain that works and doesn't have all of these aide effects?

Thanks for your response!