Lexapro Withdrawl Hell
    Taylorbell1993 is offline New Member

Default Lexapro Withdrawl Hell

Hello everyone, hope everyone is doing okay. Sorry for the length, but literally if anyone can help me I'd be so grateful. I've never been a depressed person although I've always struggled with severe anxiety. Last August I was into my senior year of nursing school and was incredibly stressed out so I was put on 10 mg of Lexapro by my doctor. About a month on the pills I met an amazing guy. Oh my goodness, I had never felt that way about anybody. I knew after a few months that he was the one and we could not have had a stronger love. Things continued to be great and about 10 months on the pills I decided I no longer needed them and I quit cold turkey. I did not have any major WD at first but a couple weeks passed by and I noticed my anxiety was insane. I could barely go to the grocery store without sweating and shaking, and I hated work meetings cause we had to talk in front of people, but it all would go away as soon as I was alone again so I didn't think much of it. But then about a month later something had changed. I woke up one morning and the man I had loved more than anything was almost a stranger to me. I felt nothing. It was like the love I had for him was all gone. I cried and vomited nonstop for the next two days just from pure panic. To say it was awful would be an understatement. It's been almost exactly 4 months since that day and I just don't understand. How can I be so close and so attached to someone and then just nothing. Completely dead when it comes to love and romance. I just want to sleep all the time and not talk to anyone. It's just crazy cause literally two weeks before I had lost feelings, I was watching proposal videos and just crying cause I could not wait for that moment. I want my happiness back with him so bad, I would do anything. Please let me know if you've felt this way because of these pills or withdrawl and if the loving feeling will return. I don't know how much longer I can take it. Thank you in advance!

Master Mind is offline New Member

Hello,
    I had a Lexapro withdrawal too (but it was called Selectrae from Actavis) - escitalopram, the same.

For these type of pills, cold turkey quitting is ~95% bad idea. (I don't know per cents of course, just approx.) Had psy withdrawal, terrible but other kind. If you want to quit such pill it's a matter of weeks, slow decrease in dose (how - you could ask doctor).

Something more close maybe is when I had 2 mg risperidone withdrawal - it was like my brain lost all joy or "power" BUT stabilization mechanisms began to work within 3 hours. Condition got better. So this is my point I think. Recovery needs time, but here my knowledge ends.