Methadone withdrawals
    mabell86 is offline New Member

Default Methadone withdrawals

Hi my name is Matthew, atm I'm going through methadone withdrawals. I've quit methadone at least 7x cold turkey. Needless to say its pretty much what I envision Hell is if it exists anyway. My question is, my brother is also going through methadone withdrawals, atm he's about 7-8 days in them, he just got ahold of some more methadone. So he decided to take 3 to get a lil rest from the withdrawals but tends to think it wont put him back at day 1 withdraw'N. So to sum it up, if you are withdraw'N and are about 8-12 days into them and take a few dones will it put you back to square one persay?, or after they exit your system will u still be pretty much where you were before taking a few?

Dopesick420 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by mabell86 View Post
    Hi my name is Matthew, atm I'm going through methadone withdrawals. I've quit methadone at least 7x cold turkey. Needless to say its pretty much what I envision Hell is if it exists anyway. My question is, my brother is also going through methadone withdrawals, atm he's about 7-8 days in them, he just got ahold of some more methadone. So he decided to take 3 to get a lil rest from the withdrawals but tends to think it wont put him back at day 1 withdraw'N. So to sum it up, if you are withdraw'N and are about 8-12 days into them and take a few dones will it put you back to square one persay?, or after they exit your system will u still be pretty much where you were before taking a few?
    Hey man.

Got lots of experience on this subject as well. Ill try to avoid the the sappy BS you dont want to hear, but must say one sentance: To go back to a drug thats causing the withdrawals to RELIEVE the withdrawals, in essence, IS going back to square one. Maybe not 100% physically, but totally mentally. Trust me, i know exactly how you have felt and he feels. Im on day 17 or 18 from a cold turkey detox, and i want nothing more than a dose. BUT, you have to tough it out.

The body will only start to cleanse itself once its done recieving these signals from the opiate receptors. And taking a dose while in withdrawal will only confuse your brain and set you further back. As i said, the acute withdrawal symptoms may not come back like its day one (or in methadones case with its long half life, day 3, 4, etc...), but it does make a difference.

I made the stupid decision to take a couple hydrocodones during my withdrawal to eleviate some of the symptoms, but i think it made it worse. Nothing but time will help man.

Good luck