• 1 Post By Mm1978
  • 1 Post By Mm1978
  • 1 Post By Iluv2smile
  • 1 Post By Scottthewonderer
  • 1 Post By livingonaprayer
  • 1 Post By Mm1978
Need help!! Tonight is it! Anyone??
    Mm1978 is offline Junior Member

Post Need help!! Tonight is it! Anyone??

Exclamation Help! Quitting Norco/Exalgo cold turkey tomorrow night!
    I'm planning on using the Thomas Recipe starting Tonight and need some encouragement/feedback. I was prescribed Lortab and Percocet for herniated disks in my neck which got worse after I had a baby 4 years ago. I've been on Opana ER, Exalgo and MS Contin. Last year I got really into the gym and running and cut down to just norco 4/day. My Husband and I just started a business and have been stressed to the max and got up to 8/day and taking leftover Percocet or Exalgo when I run out. Well I've had enough especially after having a major chest pains running which put me in the ER (all tests were normal but still have echocardiogram scheduled to make sure) I've weaned down to 3 norco's and 2 mg exalgo and want to start cold turkey Thursday night. I've arranged to have my mom stay with me to care for my daughter who's 4, hoping I'll be thru the worst of it by Monday. I can't be away from work longer than that. I have Ativan and some Xanax and the ingredients for the T. Recipe. My pain doc has yet to call back so I went to my Internist doctor who wants me to taper over another month but I can't taper. Tried many times. I just take then until they are gone. She doesn't get it. I just want this poison out of my system. I want to have another baby and get out of this fog I e been in for the last 4 years. My question is .. Is this safe to do after having the panic/chest pain thing? I don't want to end up in ER again but it's kind of now or never! If I don't do it now I never will. Had 3 norco and 2 Ativan yesterday about .2mg exalgo. Today I will not take exalgo and maybe 2 norco's to get me thru the day until my mom gets here then nothing but the Xanax/Ativan and T Recipe. Help! Feeling afraid.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

If you have any symptoms that are concerning during your w/d, you should go to ER immediately. Take your ativan and xanax very sparingly: only if you really need it and not just feeling like you should take it. The fear of c/t w/d is very real, but the anticipation fears are worse than the reality of the w/d. You will have the flu, the worst of it will be days 2-4, then you should start feeling better. The following things will help (some cross over to the Thomas Recipe)

WATER, stay hydrated, pure fruit juices and gatorade
    Hyland's Restful Leg, for the RLS along with orange juice, potassium
    Hot baths (as often as needed)
    EXERCISE: the sooner you can get up and moving, even for short walks the better off you will be. Exercise
    gets your endorphins producing naturally again and is KEY.
    Immodium (liquid is best some say)
    THE determination to do this. You have to WANT this more than you want anything in your life, and it will be the most important thing that you will ever do in your lifetime.

IF you start having any symptoms that worry you, ER. However, you should be just fine. 3-5 days in exchange for the rest of your life! You CAN do this.

Peace,

Iloerose
    Iluv2smile likes this.

Thank you so much for answering! Took my last pill yesterday at 1:30. Started to feel bad at 9pm so I took 1 Ativan. Slept until 2am then was up for one of the longest hours ever. I had a bottle of phenergan which used to knock me out so I took a double dose and fell back to sleep until 8 this morning. My stomach kills.. No runs yet just very upset and have the worst heAdache! I was going to take more phenergan then noticed it had Codeine in it too... Would it be bad to still take this? Just want to get thru the next day or 2 and that's only thing that lets me sleep. Would I have w/d from that with the codeine if I only take it thru Sunday? I really appreciate you talking to me..I need to do this NOW. No more acting like I don't have a problem. My daughter is 4 and she is going to start to know the truth sooner or later .
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-03-2015 at 11:19 AM.

Melina123 is offline Senior Member

Hey there congrats for getting off the pills! Its the best thing for u and ur family u can do. I hope uur wds are easing some. When u feel like taking a pill, come read posts and type out all of ur feeling. Please let us know how u r. We care!

Thank you so much Melina123 and Downtherabbithole! I have 2 different threads going so I figured I would post on here too...I'm 81 hours clean! I can't believe I did it. I almost didn't make it.. I started Thursday and Friday/Saturday was the hardest but reading everyone's stories on this site kept me going. I followed the Thomas recipe and watched a lot of movies.. Walk the Line 3 times! And a Sex in The City marathon, lol. I was blessed to have my mom watch my little girl and my husband took care of the house. I'm still not out of the woods I know but I believe the worst is over! I took Xanax and liquid phenergan to help me sleep as much as I can the first few days. Going to stop that tomorrow as I have to go back to work and don't want another bad habit to start. My husband rearranged the furniture in the living room so that I wouldn't be reminded of my old routine.. Get up, Take my pills and chill out on the couch until I have to get ready for work. Little things like that make a difference. I just hope I can distract myself at work. At least I won't have to spend a fortune at Starbucks to keep me awake during my daily 8-10 norco's a day. And now I can look forward to a baby in the future hopefully. Just trying to stay positive. My neck kills w/o the drugs but Advil will be my new best friend. Thank you , thank you for the kind words. It goes a long way. I don't feel alone God bless

Thumbs up

That last post was from last night.. Now I'm on day 4. Got up at 8 am normally! I went to bed after posting last night. Woke up a few times because of pain but got right back to sleep. Today will be my first day back at work. I am hoping it won't be so bad. I plan on taking 1/2 Xanax tonight to sleep and then 1/4 the next and stop. Anyone reading this who is thinking about quitting.. Do it! It's not as terrible as I worked it up in my mind to be. I found this forum 2 years ago and never thought or really wanted to do it. But you get to a point that you've had enough! My pain doc office FINALLY returned my call this morning to confirm my appt. that was scheduled for tomorrow for my refill. Didn't call to help me through w/d though just wants his $150. Well I gave the phone the middle finger and am so happy to never go to that dreadful office again! I would get so anxious before those appts. Worrying that my meds would be cut back or if the pharmacy would fill it. No more! I'm free of that. Just have to keep my mind strong and never get myself in this situation again. I will update later on how the day went. Hang in there everyone!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-06-2015 at 08:25 AM.

Back home from work. Although I woke up without trouble this morning, it felt like like all my energy was zapped out of me and took forever to get dressed. I felt better on my drive to work.. All of my senses are heightened, everything looks clearer and music sounds incredible. It's funny I was reading someone else's post of playing Billy Joel songs and that was the first one on the radio! I stopped for a coffee but drank it too fast and was shakey all morning. Thank goodness I didn't take L-Tyrosine today just B12 drops. I had to take a Xanax at 2pm along with 3 Advil and Imodium because I started getting w/d symptoms again (stomach, sweats, shakes, pain) I think I was doing too much to soon. So far behind missing those 3 days but worth it. I couldn't stop feeling so proud of myself. I started to feel normal around 4:30-5. Now it's 7:45 and I'm about to get ready for my bedtime Xanax soon. Tomorrow will be 5 days free, lucky, happy me! I also have my echocardiogram so hopefully all is ok with that. I asked God to send me a sign it was time to quit and going on that run 2 weeks ago and ending up in the ER was it. I was "reborn" during this Easter. I will never forget this week and how strong I am. Don't doubt yourself and the power of your mind. Good luck everyone.. Don't know if anyone is listening but it's great therapy for me

I want to make a simple list if what I took and what helped me thru w/d so far (day 5) about 3 weeks prior to deciding to quit I started drinking this Master Cleanse tonic from a local store made of water, lemon, maple syrup and cayenne pepper. I just like the taste. I really think this in addition to other organic juiced veggies and fruit smoothies helped prepare my body some for detox. Here's what helped me:

Thomas Recipe ingredients :
    Multivitamin/mineral supp. ( I used a prenatal)
    B vitamins
    Potassium (really helped!)
    Immodium
    Advil gel caps (took 4 at a time for bad headaches early on)
    Xanax ER 1mg (took 1 at bed time and 1 for nap during day for days 1-3)
    Ativan .25 (was going to use as my benzo but was too weak.. Started it again day 4 instead of Xanax and will stop Wednesday)
    Lavender Epsom Salts-Forced myself to get into hot bath at least once daily for muscle aches
    Liquid Phenergen with codeine (used only to sleep and used less and less everyday until today stopping)
    Bengay cream for leg aches
    Lavender essential oil for sleep
    Soft, clean comfortable sheets and pillows
    Vitamin water, Gatorade , orange juice (drank non stop)
    Gram crackers, eggs, toast, pudding and baby food, bananas
    MOVIES!! I found they were better that tv shows since there are no commercials and you really get into what your watching and escape! I highly recommend "Walk The Line" about Johnny Cash and his addiction, watched it 2x's!
    A few pairs of pj's ( Soma makes "cool nights" pj's that a lot of menopausal ladies like for night sweats. Guys try Pima cotton or under armour heat gear)
    Plan ahead.. Get all bills due paid, house clean, laundry done, work projects, etc because you will not feel like doing anything the first 4 days. If you have kids do anything u can to find someone to help with them at least for days 1-3. I actually got my hair colored day before while I was tapering and it helped me feel better going back to work!
    Plan on changing your routine so when u are clean nothing tempts you to start or crave bad habits (hubby rearranged furniture in living room and wants me to leave work early to go to gym after work.)
    Pets are wonderful distractions and can sense what you are going thru.
    I planned mine during a long weekend so my mom could help.you need to focus all your energy on you and not giving in.
    Chocolate- it was Easter so I ate like 10 Cadbury eggs! Oh well, It helped!!

Things I didn't do but heard work:
    Exercise
    Sex/masturbating ( my mom told me that one.. Um gross. Lol!)
    Smoking weed
    Making lists- why you take pills/why you are stopping
    Jacuzzi
    Steam room/Sauna
    Juicing veggies and fruits ( I did this a year ago and it really takes all the garbage out of you)
    Rewarding yourself for making it thru with something.

I was hoping to lose some pounds after this weekend of hell but no luck (was able to eat which definitely helped)
    But when I looked in the mirror this morning I looked really healthy, my eyes were clear and pupils were not the size of pin. I looked prettier actually and I had a real smile on my face. No more drifting thru life without feeling anything. Keep going everyone.. It really is like Ilerose said to me.. You have the flu for 3 days.. Tell your self that.. It's just the flu and you will be better soon. Another poster said when they would feel like giving up they would think or listen to "the Eye of the Tiger" song to get pumped up to kick those little pills ass! It works too! I really think the more you taper and detox your system before cold turkey the easier it will be. I only tapered a week from half of a 8mg exalgo and 5 norco's, 2 percs per day to no exalgo and 2 norco's on last day before I made the jump. Do it.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-06-2015 at 08:28 PM.

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Hi there!
    You were very wise to rearrange your furniture..
    Our bodies have memory too..
    The same behavior whether it be taking just vitamins in the same space can be a trigger...

I did the same..
    I wanted to contribute positive energy to my new clean life..

I left the past in the past ..
    It only serves as a reminder of how far we have come
    And
    How bad it can get again..
    Just 1 pill
    1 I think I can control it

Can have devastating effects..

We never have to do that again!
    Detox I mean!

Just sitting and allowing yourself to feel proud and good about your decision to get clean..
    Also makes the endorphins flow..
    Laughing
    Sex
    Exercise
    Eating hot chilis

Your mom is right!
    Lol
    Please keep posting !
    There are so many people that never get a day clean..
    You are an inspiration!
    Keep doing you!
    Bette

Bette,
    You made my day! Thank you for the encouragement I hopeyour journey is going well too. Thank God for this site and all the kind people on here. I Never thought I could do it.. Always thought I'd get on suboxone and then be trapped on it. My cousin has been on it for 3 years.. Can't get off it. I hope we are blessed with another wonderful child now that I have my head clear and no poison that can hurt my future baby. While I was pregnant with my daughter I was taking Lortab 5/500 every few days for pain but was switched to fioricet which I took sparingly but was on Lexapro throught which I was very lucky she was born healthy. 9 months of worry even for that. It was either pills or baby and can't believe I kept choosing the pills! Felt myself moving farther away from my husband, not connecting like we once did. I would rather sit in my house pop a pill and "relax". If I would have continued pills I would have lost the best thing that ever happened to me. I hope it's not to late to get back those wasted days somehow with him! What's really funny is that no one would ever guess I had this problem.. Professional, working mom, business owner, suburban yuppie! Lol you can't judge a book by its cover!
    despirate likes this.

Ilovemtndogs7 is offline Advanced Member

Mm1978-you just described most of us on this thread-crazy but true. So glad things are going well for you. Just keep doing what you're doing and I know(for me) posting has really helped. I'm much older so I never had this worry through pregnancy. You've given yourself a real gift here.m my kids are in college. They grow up fast. Here's to enjoying your daughters early years and the next ones... Take care and remember things can change quickly (how you feel) just be prepared that's all. Take care. Hugs. Miss Dogs

Thank you Miss Doggs!!! I promise to cherish every day God gives me with this little angel. It's good to be reminded how moods or situations change. I will keep my guard up and stay positive. Thank you again ������

Sunshine1112 is offline Advanced Member

Mn1978 congrats on your accomplishment. Funny how the Drs are always there to take your money...but when you need there help?? Have a good day at work and I am so glad you have been staying strong.

Ilerose.. I'm on day 6! ..... Thank you for being the first to encourage me on here. You help so many.

Thank you Sunshine! Day 6.. Getting better everyday. Thank you all. Would have not made it without this forum!

Day 16 clean.. Been having a rough time with lack of energy, anxiety and depression. Physical symptoms are getting better but my mind is screwing with me. I have zero cravings for pills but I'd give anything for energy! I'm taking LTyrosine still to get me up with the b12 but I struggle. Going up the stairs feels like I'm climbing a mountain. I have depression and have been on meds for 17 years. My doc suggested I add Wellbutrin to my 100 mg Zoloft but I took one yesterday and felt awful depression plus anger. I guess I will just stay with the Zoloft until I'm through this >>>>>> time. A year ago I was in the best shape of my life, gym everyday, running... But doing it with the help of pills. Now 25 pounds later because I went back to work in December so I had no time for the gym, I dont have those little pills to give me that boost I need to get back there. I joined the gym again last week and still haven't gone. I'm actually sitting in my gym clothes on the side of the bed trying to get up the courage and energy to go. I just want to feel normal again. I need to be there for my daughter and husband. Praying it will get easier soon.

Hi there..
    16 days
    Wow!
    You are doing it!

I am on welbutrin with Prozac..
    My dr added it during my taper..
    It May give you the little boost you need..
    It will take a couple of weeks to kick in!

I drink monsters or rock stars ..
    I know it is contraindicated for some..
    I limit myself to 2 a day..
    Most days I don't drink any ..
    On my 3 work days I drink one in the AM before work..

Now only once in awhile..

I lost weight when I got on the sub from methadone..
    Still am and I feel like I eat non stop..

I cut up veggies
    cumcumber tomatoes , hot peppers
    Put them in 6 containers and eat them everyday .
    Then I also make containers of
    Blackberrys
    Blueberrys
    Strawberrys
    raspberries
    Almonds
    I make it as convenient as possible..
    They are mixed up already..
    So I grap one berry and one veggies container and go..

The highest caloric burning action we can do it eat!

Like grazing
    Little meals..

One day a week I eat whatever I want ...
    I love talentino Caribbean Cocunut gelato..
    The containers it comes in is great for veggies.
    I have about 20 of them..lol

Can you give me the Receipe for the Master Cleanse?

That sounds good..

You will get your energy back...
    Someone told me when it comes to my health and body
    For a little while just do the opposite of what you want to do..

When I was on pills I loved to sit and do nothing..
    Sad but true..
    Now we can do anything we want !
    Thank you for sharing your experience, strength and hope!
    Take care
    Bette
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-18-2015 at 01:13 PM.

Hi Bette! Thank you so much for your post, it means so much to me and keeps me going. Thank you for all the great tips.. I will start those this week. I went to the gym. I was scared and didn't know if I could do what I used to without the pre workout and pills but I did it! I did sprints on treadmill for 20 min and then did some weights and I started to feel strong and happy! I have a ways to go until I'm back to my old self but I made the first step. I will go tomorrow and try to go twice next week if my husband can watch my daughter. The Master cleanse is water, organic lemon juice, pure maple syrup (grade b) and cayenne pepper. It's delicious! I will keep you posted on my progress and really appreciate you reaching out to me
    Iluv2smile likes this.

Great job!
    I am gonna make some master cleanse !
    After my workshop I will get the maple syrup...

Is that the same one Yolanda Foster
    On Housewives of Beverly Hills drinks?

Our muscles have memory too..
    I was quite surprised when I went back to the gym and it didn't take to long
    To be back!
    I am proud of you!

Enjoy your daughter!
    Times flies!
    She's 4 right?

oMG I bet she can use your cell phone
    And
    You didn't even teach her!
    Right?

That's because they watch everything we do..

I told my son that and he didn't believe me 100%.
    Until my granddaughter ( his daughter) told him his code to get into the IPAD..
    He never told her!

She is 6 now!
    Seems like she was just born yesterday!

You are giving her the best gift in the world!
    A healthy, clean and attentive mother
    That can be
    100% hers!
    That is awesome!
    Bette
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-18-2015 at 04:16 PM.
    Mm1978 likes this.

Scottthewonderer is offline New Member

You can do it, keep your spirits high and know you can do it, I quit methadone cold turkey and it wasn't that bad, YOU CAN DO IT, go to meetings use the recipe and believe in yourself, you know you want it and you can do it. THIS IS YOUR TIME, might not be comfortable but it's easily doable, I wish you all the best and hope you get all the way. You'll get there mate this too shall pass
    Mm1978 likes this.

Hi Mm1978,
    I thought I'd pop over and read your thread. Sounds like we have very similar lives. I'm about 3 years older than you if 1978 is your birth year. I have 2 little girls. That aren't so little anymore. They're 13 and 15 now. I started taking those pills about 6 years ago. It's been nothing but horrible since. 1 is too many and 1000 is never enough. I was taking 10 a day. I would go through my script of 120 in just over a week. Then buy them until I could refill. So expensive! I wasted so much money. And I was still feeling bad. I'm so happy to be on the clean side now! How are you feeling today? My tummy is killing today. But, that's the price I have to pay right? And I can handle that. I hope your tummy feels better! How's your energy level? Mine's coming in spurts now. Sometimes I have energy, sometimes I have none. Have a great day and congrats on winning this battle! We've got this!
    -Living
    Mm1978 likes this.

Hi Living,
    Yes, born in 78 and we sound a lot a like! I too was getting between 120-150 from my dr and would last 2 weeks at best! Never enough. I chose the worst time to do this probably, right in the middle of starting a business but I guess there never is a right time! How is your stomach today? Mine is bad again. I'm going to try the 5htp you recommended and I take b12.. Maybe I'll try a b12 shot. Going to the gym and running on treadmill really helped but it's so hard to find the energy and the time to get there with work and a little one. We hired a babysitter this week so hopefully I can get there a few times a week. Saturday will be 30 days! Praying the energy returns to normal soon! Have a great day and I'm so happy to have read your post to me.. Nice to know we are in this together girl
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-30-2015 at 07:36 AM.
    nanaalmostyoung likes this.