Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By bjmartens
Opiate withdrawal is hard, but it is sooooooo worth it! Here is my story...
    bjmartens is offline New Member

Thumbs up Opiate withdrawal is hard, but it is sooooooo worth it! Here is my story...

I am four months into Opiate withdrawal - and I have my life back! I am ME again!

I'm female, age 72. I had been taking various narcotics for many years because of fibromyalgia. The last couple of years I was taking both Morphine and Oxycodone. I began vomiting about six years ago but no one could figure out why. Over the last few years I got sicker and sicker and by the beginning of this year I had come to accept that I was dying. I couldn't keep any food down. My BMI was down to 14. I was on 31 prescriptions plus various supplements. Then something happened that changed everything!

My son was doing some research and came across a website with information about the side effects of opiates. He printed it out and showed it to my husband, and together they highlighted all the diseases I was being treated for, then they showed it to me. I knew right then I had to get off the opiates because they were obviously causing most of my problems - but I had NO IDEA how wonderful I'd feel! I'm getting back to doing things I used to enjoy. I'm eating like a horse! I'm off Oxygen and the CPAP machine, and I don't have to wear diapers any more! And I have been able to discontinue over half of my medications.

Now I want to encourage all of you who are trying to withdraw from Opiates or any other addictive narcotic, please don't give up or give in! I know withdrawal from any addictive substance is difficult. You are at this forum, so apparently you have started or are considering withdrawing from opiates or another addictive substance. Good for you! I'm so glad that you have taken (or are considering) this step. As I said, it will be hard, but I promise you, it will really be worth it.
    Iluv2smile and Wanna_b_done like this.

Hamscraps is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by bjmartens View Post
    I am four months into Opiate withdrawal - and I have my life back! I am ME again!

I'm female, age 72. I had been taking various narcotics for many years because of fibromyalgia. The last couple of years I was taking both Morphine and Oxycodone. I began vomiting about six years ago but no one could figure out why. Over the last few years I got sicker and sicker and by the beginning of this year I had come to accept that I was dying. I couldn't keep any food down. My BMI was down to 14. I was on 31 prescriptions plus various supplements. Then something happened that changed everything!

My son was doing some research and came across a website with information about the side effects of opiates. He printed it out and showed it to my husband, and together they highlighted all the diseases I was being treated for, then they showed it to me. I knew right then I had to get off the opiates because they were obviously causing most of my problems - but I had NO IDEA how wonderful I'd feel! I'm getting back to doing things I used to enjoy. I'm eating like a horse! I'm off Oxygen and the CPAP machine, and I don't have to wear diapers any more! And I have been able to discontinue over half of my medications.

Now I want to encourage all of you who are trying to withdraw from Opiates or any other addictive narcotic, please don't give up or give in! I know withdrawal from any addictive substance is difficult. You are at this forum, so apparently you have started or are considering withdrawing from opiates or another addictive substance. Good for you! I'm so glad that you have taken (or are considering) this step. As I said, it will be hard, but I promise you, it will really be worth it.
    This is wonderful to read! I'm so happy for you!

I'm at the start but its wonderful, oh so wonderful, to read this and know there is light at the other side!