Page 252 of 252 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252
Results 7,531 to 7,554 of 7554
Like Tree5Likes
Painkiller Addiction
    Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

Quote Originally Posted by victoria stiles View Post
    Evidence shows that hydrocodone addiction is increasing amongst habitual users all over the world. Perhaps one of the most important factors causing this alarming rise is the fact that hydrocodone is consumed with drugs whose use and distribution is not as severely restricted. If you want to beat Hydrocodone addiction then the first thing you have to do is to make a real decision to take action in your life. Without this critical decision, you will not be able to make any progress. You can use little dose of kratom(As it also consists of pain killing properties) if you feel more uncomfortable.

You could do lots of things "if you feel more comfortable." Self-diagnosis and medicating is NOT the smart thing to do. I don't care what you're taking. If you hurt badly enough that you need pain relief you should seek medical attention. Kratom is not the answer for everything.

You've posted twice here on this forum and all you've done is promote kratom. You are most likely a kid playing with kratom and you should not be giving advice to people with serious medical problems. Kratom is a "headshop" drug, not a medication. God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 09-06-2011 at 05:06 AM.

lakar is offline New Member

Default I need some help.

My husband was badly addicted to pain killers about 8 yrs ago and went to rehab to get clean and with the help of suboxone and inpatient treatment, he succeeded. Now, with a 6 yr old child, he has been having neck problems and didn't want to go back that route, but ended up doing so after the pain got worse. He's been going to PT for over a year with no relief. The PT doc says its b/c he keeps doing the same repetitive tasks when he goes to work. Well yep you heard it, his doc gave him Norco!!! After months of pt, he was sent to a pain clinic. This, I knew would be bad! I heard the pain doc talk about him having bulging discs, so I know he's truly in pain. Well he and I have discussed he was to let me hold all his pills and give them to him as prescribed. All was good until one day! I hide his scripts just b/c of the history. I keep count to make sure none are missing. I have been finding 10 missing here and there. More often than not. When I confront him, he lies and says I miscounted, or maybe I took them. Etc. No, I know what I counted! I went with it a couple times. Maybe I did mis count them?? Well how is it I can mis -count that many times?? I can't, no way! Especially after my foot surgery, I was prescribed pain meds which I hid. And all of a sudden, with about 7 pills left, my pill bottle and everything was missing which he insisted I must of ran out etc. I take 1 pill a day! Really?? He's at it again using manipulations to make me 2nd guess myself, but I'M NOT crazy!! The only time I ever took more than 1 to 1& 1/2 a day was for the first 2 days after surgery! I have been suffering from tennis elbow & got cortisone shots and was prescribed norco again for my pain which I hid on him and again, with a few left, my bottle was missing and so were like 6 if his pills! My dose was half of his prescribed dose. Well after I went to pt for my elbow, it got better!! 3 months later, severe pain, even with my 1-1&1/2 pills a day, it still hurts Like hell, but I refuse to take more than that daily as a matter of fact, I don't want to take them at all! I want rid of it! I think I'm possibly addicted to my 1-1&1/2 pills a day! I'm afraid of withdrawl!! I saw what my husband went through years ago and it wasn't pretty! Although he was popping 20 a day which us by far worse. I have been taking them for a pretty long time. anyway, back to him for now. recently, he filled 3 scripts at 2 different pharmacies ( he gets them from the doc too ) in 3 weeks time! And the last one, he filled and lied when I asked if he filled it! he only came clean because I've threatened to call the pharmacy! His excuse?? I wanted to prove to you u had control!! How do you have control, when 6 pills were takin from the bottle and that was after is given him 6 throughout the day b/c he had a procedure that day where they burn the nerves? idk. well yeah, 12 pills?? Hum. it's only a matter of time before money is missing and we can't pay the bills! My other fear is that he will find someone to buy them from again. ay $5 a pill??? I'm so afraid its happening all over again!! All we do is fight about it! I know I sound like a hypocrite because I've been taking them, but I never, ever went over the prescribed dose!! I have been so upset that um confiding un friends! I never wanted them to know !! I need some help!! I wish he would of told the doc's that he's a recovering addict!! Please help me to deal with this. can someone also help me find a way to get off my 1-11/2 a day habbit?? I am in pain, but want to do my pt exercises at home b/c I know they work in a couple months and since my paid really isn't subsided with what I'm taking, I don't need them do I? Any advice is appreciated. I'm desperate for help.

lakar is offline New Member

Default I need some help.

I'm very sorry for all the mis spellings. My auto correct was going crazy, lol. I hope it was understandable. Thanks in advance

lmc8883 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by lakar View Post
    My husband was badly addicted to pain killers about 8 yrs ago and went to rehab to get clean and with the help of suboxone and inpatient treatment, he succeeded. Now, with a 6 yr old child, he has been having neck problems and didn't want to go back that route, but ended up doing so after the pain got worse. He's been going to PT for over a year with no relief. The PT doc says its b/c he keeps doing the same repetitive tasks when he goes to work. Well yep you heard it, his doc gave him Norco!!! After months of pt, he was sent to a pain clinic. This, I knew would be bad! I heard the pain doc talk about him having bulging discs, so I know he's truly in pain. Well he and I have discussed he was to let me hold all his pills and give them to him as prescribed. All was good until one day! I hide his scripts just b/c of the history. I keep count to make sure none are missing. I have been finding 10 missing here and there. More often than not. When I confront him, he lies and says I miscounted, or maybe I took them. Etc. No, I know what I counted! I went with it a couple times. Maybe I did mis count them?? Well how is it I can mis -count that many times?? I can't, no way! Especially after my foot surgery, I was prescribed pain meds which I hid. And all of a sudden, with about 7 pills left, my pill bottle and everything was missing which he insisted I must of ran out etc. I take 1 pill a day! Really?? He's at it again using manipulations to make me 2nd guess myself, but I'M NOT crazy!! The only time I ever took more than 1 to 1& 1/2 a day was for the first 2 days after surgery! I have been suffering from tennis elbow & got cortisone shots and was prescribed norco again for my pain which I hid on him and again, with a few left, my bottle was missing and so were like 6 if his pills! My dose was half of his prescribed dose. Well after I went to pt for my elbow, it got better!! 3 months later, severe pain, even with my 1-1&1/2 pills a day, it still hurts Like hell, but I refuse to take more than that daily as a matter of fact, I don't want to take them at all! I want rid of it! I think I'm possibly addicted to my 1-1&1/2 pills a day! I'm afraid of withdrawl!! I saw what my husband went through years ago and it wasn't pretty! Although he was popping 20 a day which us by far worse. I have been taking them for a pretty long time. anyway, back to him for now. recently, he filled 3 scripts at 2 different pharmacies ( he gets them from the doc too ) in 3 weeks time! And the last one, he filled and lied when I asked if he filled it! he only came clean because I've threatened to call the pharmacy! His excuse?? I wanted to prove to you u had control!! How do you have control, when 6 pills were takin from the bottle and that was after is given him 6 throughout the day b/c he had a procedure that day where they burn the nerves? idk. well yeah, 12 pills?? Hum. it's only a matter of time before money is missing and we can't pay the bills! My other fear is that he will find someone to buy them from again. ay $5 a pill??? I'm so afraid its happening all over again!! All we do is fight about it! I know I sound like a hypocrite because I've been taking them, but I never, ever went over the prescribed dose!! I have been so upset that um confiding un friends! I never wanted them to know !! I need some help!! I wish he would of told the doc's that he's a recovering addict!! Please help me to deal with this. can someone also help me find a way to get off my 1-11/2 a day habbit?? I am in pain, but want to do my pt exercises at home b/c I know they work in a couple months and since my paid really isn't subsided with what I'm taking, I don't need them do I? Any advice is appreciated. I'm desperate for help.

You know he's lying to you. You know it's not you, otherwise you wouldn't be on here telling your story. Don't go down that road again. Call his doctor, call the pharmacies. I used to do that same thing. My ex played that same game with me also. Until i realized he stopped with the game. He was using >>>>>> instead of the pills. Don't let it get that bad. Please!!!
    primetimegrape likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lakar View Post
    As the last poster pointed out and u know by now, he is lying to u big time. He is hooked again. Miscount? Maybe one or two pills I can understand, that happens, but not the amt u are talking about, so u are not crazy. Contact his doctor and tell him/her about his past history and his current abuse. Pain clinics give out pain meds like candy. Hydrocodone is a good painkiller and some ppl def. need it and do not abuse it. Not everyone abuses hydrocodone or Norco (same thing), in fact most don't but the ones that do become big time addicts.

Let me make u feel comfortable about something. You are taking your medicine responsibly and one to one and half pills a day is not that much. Maybe psychologically u think u need them, but if u have a legitmate medical condition and the pills work, then use them. That is what they are there for, and since u are not abusing them, it is unlikely u will have any kind of withdrawal. It is o.k. to take pain meds daily, but it is not o.k. to take more than prescribed or start playing drug games like he is doing. I do not see that pattern with u, but I can understand your fear of addiction, and his behavior is augmenting an unnecessary fear on your part as a responsible med taker. There are other pain meds available if u are that uncomfortable, but man, heck yeah that has got to hurt, so take your pain meds as needed, and def. hide them and hide them well, although it is sad u have to do that. Contact his doctor and pharmacy, but really u need to get ahold of the doctor and tell him/her what is going on with him. He has relapsed and things as u know will only get worse until he admits the truth about his abuse and gets help. Keep us posted on what is going on. God Bless!
    lmc8883 likes this.

torrino is offline New Member

Default tramadol painkiller

Hi ther,
    I'm using TRAMADOL painkiller for my postoperative pain and wanna say it's very effective and it's not habit-forming
    I get it online at low prices and that suits me perfect

Denny_D is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by torrino View Post
    Hi ther,
    I'm using TRAMADOL painkiller for my postoperative pain and wanna say it's very effective and it's not habit-forming
    I get it online at low prices and that suits me perfect
    torrino .... just so you know the truth, Tramadol is one of the most addictive pain medications out there. Not a true Narcotic, but Narcotic-Like in it's make-up.

There have been many addicted right here on this forum alone and come for help to this highly addictive medication. Please know the facts before posting this information. God Bless.....Denny

Default I second Denny's post about tramadol

Tramadol is Horribly addicting and whoever says it isn't just doesn't know the facts. Rehab is FULL of tram addicts. I was put on it with the same line--It isn't addicting--and the withdrawals were horrid!!

So beware and read around this forum--it's a real education. More prescribing doctors should read this forum instead of the pharmaceutical company promos!

Sadder, but wiser.

Shrimpboat

ChiSao is offline New Member

Default I figured it out

I'm new to the forum. I was in bed just a few minutes ago. I had a weird dream and couldn't lay down anymore. I felt somewhat nervous, but not shaky. I didn't feel like this two weeks ago what is the problem? I've taken H/A for neck pain, shoulder pain, elbow pain, back pain, and knee pain. Even the dentist prescribed the same med at the same strength 7.5/750. Mouth pain was tremendous and I sucked on the things like candy despite the bitterness. Now I'm sitting here typing, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed ready to take some more of them, but I have realized that I'm must be going through some withdrawal of some kind because my hands and my feet are perspiring pretty heavy and I'm a bit nervous. I don't know what else I can do to treat the severe pain once the effects where off. I tried large doses of D3 at 5,000-8,000 IU's, calcium, magnesium, MSN, gluco-chon tabs, collagen type II, and shark cartilage with a little success, but it takes several weeks for the body to adjust to the uptake of those supplements. I don't like wincing in pain and it's embarrassing in public where just sitting down at a table is painful.
    At the moment I'm pain-free, but it will return in a hour or two.
    I'm sure the doctors at that hospital know about hydrocodone/acetaminophen and the risks. So now I must consider going through withdrawal and discontinuing the use of the drug, it's going to be 3-4 days, I hope, of agony. I knew something wasn't right with me. I'm glad I did a search and found this site.
    Now I've got to go back on the supplements. I have a few pills take will take the edge of a bit and help me to relax, yet, I can see that I'll probably be up for 2 0r 3 days without sleep. The stuff causes depression and I feel grief-stricken.
    I don't like the feeling. Plans are to go to the ER if it gets too hard to handle. Wish me luck. Everyone Peace.

PureGrace is offline New Member

methadone is what some addiction clinic's prescribe. I've been taking it for 8 years now. Most don't stay on it that long. It's totally up to the person how long they wish to take it. It helps tremendously with withdraws and pain. I've kept taking it because I have to have something for chronic pain for the rest of my life..and methadone seems to the the safest. Before..I was taking at least 40 hydrocodone 10/7560's a day.. every single day. I'd chew 10 at a time just to get out of the bed. I had to buy off the street because I'd eat my way thru my script the day I got it. If I had 60 that's what I'd take. I don't know how I did not OD actually. Now..I'm stable on methadone..it worked from the first day for me and alot of others. I can say..I would not have been able to come off..much less stay off the pain pills without it. I didn't want to have to take anything else either..I wanted to do it alone. But I couldn't..I tried many many times. Now that's not to say no one can...I do know someone who has...it can be done. It just don't happen everyday. I guess you have to have a high tolerence to pain and stuff. Anyways.. I hope your friend does well..

PureGrace is offline New Member

Default I've been stable on methadone for 8 years now.

Hi.. I'm so glad I found this forum and I wish I had've found it along time ago. I've been on methadone for 8 years now..and like the other person said too..I also asked my doctor who was feeding me way too much hydrocodone sense I was 13. ( when I was first prescribed it, I didn't even know what it was..by the time I did know it was too late.) I begged him to put me on methadone instead..but he refused. He said he'd double my script of hydrocodone. I was in tears.. it was killing me the amount I was taking. I had gotten methadone before ..and knew it would work for me, so I was really desperate at this point. I..like you..dont' get why the docs are soo willing to give you obscene amounts of narcotics..but when you ask for something that might actually help you better..they act like your asking for a vial liquid gold. Seriously. He was irate with me..refused to even give me a referral to anyone else who might could help me. The only option I had..was a treatment clinic...3 hours away. So..thats what i did. Thank goodness we now have one 30 minutes away. I've been stable and going strong every sense. I did have to change doctors though..I went to tell him that I would not be needing or wanting any more hydrocodone from him and that i was now taking methadone..he went ballistic on me..yelling..wanting the doc's name and number that gave it to me..ect. i was shocked. I still dont' understand it. I feel that the problem is that there is way too many doctors out there that give pain meds way to fast and way to much to way too many people. You can't count the number of perfectly fine young people that come jumping out of his office with their month of pain pills..if they can jump and run..then they are not really in pain ..and the doc is fully aware of this mind you. I used to think it was all my fault...now I realize it's only half my fault. And I wish I had've known how much methadone helped..If I had've I would have been on it long before then.Unforunately I couldn't find a doc to give it to me..not just any doc can anyways..so I'm having to pay alot of money to a treatment clinic..but it's still worth it. I'm stable...for 8 years now. I did see where someone said that they did get a "high" from methadone..i guess it's different for everybody though cause I never got any high from it. Anyways.. If there is anyone out there who needs a friendly shoulder..or wants to talk to someone who has been taking methadone..please feel free to message me. It would be great for me to have someone to talk to also.
    I wish you all the best. ..
    InnerSpirit likes this.

blackchair is offline New Member

Default To anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    I have a really good friend who is addicted to the pain killer Hydrocodone. Anyhow she wants to stop but everytime she does she gets really bad withdrawals such as sweating and shaking, can't sleep, etc. I was wondering if anyone out there has been through this on their own without going to a treatment center. If so please tell me what to do for her and how long it took for the withdrawals to go away!!!! HELP!!!!
    Tell your friend to weane herself off. Went through this after third back surgery, sweats, shaking and EXTREME AGITATION, Start with halfing regular doses, at bedtime take a pill, you are going to have a better chance if your able to rest. Expect to have some teeth gritting days, deep breathing and walk if you can. Those things are like a nerve pill for me. It took me about two weeks to get over the physical effects, may take her longer depending on her addiction. For several months I allowed myself one a week for that really rough day or when I was doing something that strained my back. Good luck, I have a "quick brain" needed job and those things make you stupied.

Cyndy2001 is offline New Member

I have a really good friend who is addicted to the pain killer Hydrocodone. Anyhow she wants to stop but everytime she does she gets really bad withdrawals such as sweating and shaking, can't sleep, etc. I was wondering if anyone out there has been through this on their own without going to a treatment center. If so please tell me what to do for her and how long it took for the withdrawals to go away!!!! HELP!!!!
    I've been through that, and if she gets on Suboxone or methadone, then she is trading out to a stronger narcotic. It's not worth it, she should go cold turkey & rid herself of this demon. You said she wants to stop, and she should for health reasons alone. Hydrocodone will kill her liver with all the Tylenol. If your friend works, tell her to take about a week off if she can, get a blood pressure med (Clonodine is great) and a few benzos for anxiety..xanax, librium, ativan. Worst days will be the first three..four days max. She ought to be okay by day five. Hope this advice helps her, but again I say...do not go to any sub/methadone treatment center. They just want your money anyway.

kathy94544 is offline New Member

Default Hope this helps

I wanted to share with anyone who is thinking about getting off hydrocodone and benezodiazepine.I used this pain med and axienty med (benzodiazepine)klonopin,xanax,) for approx 40yrs. Im on my 2nd year of stopping these medications.
    I tried rehab off and on for many years with no results.Till I checked myself in for 5days to hospital to make sure I wouldn't go into cardic arrest.That was two years ago.
    I've found that stopping abruptly causes alot of nerve damage(mostly pins&needles, burning in feet and legs)brain fog,head feels like your in dream,forgetfulness,confusion,fears,sleeplessness.
    I would say to taper off any medication which would have taken me about 2yrs with less damage to my body.
    I've noticed that as time goes on the symptoms are less.Im told it takes about 4 full years to notice a big difference.

Things I've tried to see if anything would help relieve the terrible feeling throughout your whole body,I walk daily about mile aday,eat 3 meals a day.
    The only problem that has been very tuff to fix is falling asleep without anything, I get 4-5hrs sleep a night.

Its been extremely hard going this alone.It can be done if you want to get your life back.
    Please don't give up there is hope with each day that goes by. My prayers are with you.

Please forgive the way this is posted,its another symptom that will subside in time,getting your needs met and putting them in words or writing.

dlg01 is offline New Member

I came to this discussion to look for help for a friend of mine too, but after reading some of this I decided to sign up and add some of my own experiences as well. My friend has been addicted to opiates for 7 years now. He has tried cold turkey and was in so much pain, sweats, vomitting and all that stuff so he gave up. His withdrawls last for a month or so, the 1st week is horrible and slowly gets better. He tried the methodone and yes that stabilized him, but he just got dependent on that and ended up quiting the program and returned to the opiates. The next time he tried suboxine and this too made him feel better, but suboxine is not a cure all by itself, and eventually you have to come off that one too. His doctor told him to go to support groups or counseling along with it (which he chose not to do and again has relapsed). I have decided for him the only way he is going to come clean is to be in a in patient program because he cant do it by himself. I believe that everyone is different and some can do it on the outside, with support of friends and family, but some cannot. Most importantly the person addicted has to remove the people in their life that was giving the meds to them. I wish everyone the best of luck, i am still trying to help him battle this and if I come up with anything better, I will pass on the info.
    Cyndy2001 likes this.

amberharwell is offline New Member

Hey everyone! I have been reading all the posts from years ago until now. Just wanted to share a little of my story. I was diagnosed with sarcoidiosis last March and there started my addiction to hydrocodone. I started out taking them like they were prescribed and then that didnt seem to be enough so I kept adding and adding. First of all I am married and have been with my husband (up until this point) for 10 years and married for 9. We have two children..a 9 and 7 year old. All summer the summer of 2011 I became more and more addicted. I started pulling completely away from my husband and my kids. The pills took completely over. My pulmonolgist was prescribing me 100-150 tabs a month and I would run out within a few days. I got it in my head that I didnt love my husband anymore and left. I started seeing someone else and the addiction just got worse because they did the same thing along with more. Finally in February me and the guy I was seeing got into a physical fight and I called my husband and he came to get me and we moved out of the state for us to start over. He knew everything I had done but yet he was still there to practically rescue me. I was completely off of everything until my disease reared its ugly head again and they gave me some more. 12 to be exact and Im refusing to let this take over my life again. Its just great to find people that have been through this mess with the drugs. Now Im not saying its all the medicines fault but I truly believe it clouded my judgement. Anyway Im sorry for being so long winded just wanted to share.

Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

Quote Originally Posted by amberharwell View Post
    Hey everyone! I have been reading all the posts from years ago until now. Just wanted to share a little of my story. I was diagnosed with sarcoidiosis last March and there started my addiction to hydrocodone. I started out taking them like they were prescribed and then that didnt seem to be enough so I kept adding and adding. First of all I am married and have been with my husband (up until this point) for 10 years and married for 9. We have two children..a 9 and 7 year old. All summer the summer of 2011 I became more and more addicted. I started pulling completely away from my husband and my kids. The pills took completely over. My pulmonolgist was prescribing me 100-150 tabs a month and I would run out within a few days. I got it in my head that I didnt love my husband anymore and left. I started seeing someone else and the addiction just got worse because they did the same thing along with more. Finally in February me and the guy I was seeing got into a physical fight and I called my husband and he came to get me and we moved out of the state for us to start over. He knew everything I had done but yet he was still there to practically rescue me. I was completely off of everything until my disease reared its ugly head again and they gave me some more. 12 to be exact and Im refusing to let this take over my life again. Its just great to find people that have been through this mess with the drugs. Now Im not saying its all the medicines fault but I truly believe it clouded my judgement. Anyway Im sorry for being so long winded just wanted to share.

Amber ...... Have you taken the 12 pills yet? How long have you been clean since this happened? You need to get off this big thread and start your own. If you don't know how to do it I will help you. If you haven't taken the 12 pills yet, throw them in the toilet. Tell us what is happening right now with the meds, you and your husband, but you would be better off on a new thread where more people would notice you. There are well over 7000 posts on this thread and it's a tough place to get noticed by many people. God bless.

Robert- Thats a good idea..It would be great if you could tell me how to do it. I got rid of the pills because I know what that will lead me too. I have been clean since February 25th. Not a very long time but its a start. Yes please let me know how to start a new thread. Me and my husband are actually doing great right now. He still keeps a close eye on me but Im very thankful for that.

I believe I was able to find out how. Thank you for the advice..hope to talk with you soon

jamesmurphy is offline New Member

I just joined this forum to get and share knowledge on various health topics so I have found some useful information about pain killer addiction.Thanks

justwannabemyself is offline New Member

Hey everyone, posted this in its own thread but figured I'd post it here too. Thank you all!

Hi everyone. Let me first start by saying I've read thru a bunch of threads tonight and I've almost literally been moved to tears and probably would have if it wasn't for the crying session I had earlier tonight(more on that later). Some of you are an inspiration to me and I hope to just feel like myself again soon.

Here's my predicament. I am 25 years old (since april 15) and I have been taking 30 mg percocet "just for fun" for about 2 and a half years. It started like they all start. I was doing maybe 3-4 pills a week. Halfs at a time. Which eventually turned into 1 a day, basically every day. I know a lot of people have gone thru addictions while taking MUCH more than just 1 a day but this is just my situation. I have gone a day or 2 here and there because not being prescribed them, it just gets to expensive. So, now it's been over 2 days since I've taken a 30. Not gonna sit here and say how awful my w/d symptoms are, because I'm sure compared to some of you, what I'm going thru is nothing. Although I have had a lot of trouble sleeping and the usual depression and boredom that comes from it. Now about the same time I started using regularly (2 and a half years) I started going to the gym after work a few times a week, or should I say 1 week. On about the 3rd day at the gym, I finished my workout, went home and went to hang out with a good friend. I've been a regular cannabis user since i was like 16 and have never had a problem. This night I actually started getting chest pains after I smoked. Nothing too bad, but for a fairly healthy person like myself, it concerned me. When i was at home later that night, I felt palpitations(or what i thought were palps) and drove myself to the emergency room. Everything was fine and i got sent home. The next week, I again found myself feeling my heart in my chest and went to the ER again, the doctor didn't seem to concerned but said my heart rate was high when I came in, so he prescriped me a 48hr monitor. This was in March/April 2010. I kind of ignored my problem (with my chest) until November of that year when I told myself I should really see a doctor. I went to a doctor where she asked me questions and sent me to get an echocardiogram and prescribed me the monitor. That day, she told me I had a skipped beat which may just be from anxiety. I went and got my tests done but again I just dealt with this problem until last week I finally went back to the doctor after a year and a half. Now, since this chest thing started I have not been able to enjoy marijuana unless I was on Percocet at the same time. If I smoked cannabis alone, I would go into a freak out mode thinking I wa shaving a heart attack and that their was something wrong with my heart. So, when I went to the Dr last week she gave me the results of my echo and monitor and thankfully she said everything was fine with my heart and she attributed my problem to anxiety/depression and prescribed me escitalopram. Since this thing with my chest has started, I have taken the percs to help me forget about it but have definitely always felt it while at work and anytime I wasn't using. Even times I was using, I would still feel my chest pains/discomfort and even get numbness in my arm, which I have read and been told by a Dr. are all symptoms of anxiety.

Anyways, during my percocet addiction, I would only use after work at night and sometimes during the day on weekends but mostly at night. I, stuipidly, didn't tell my Dr. the extent of my using and told her I only use percocet a few times a month. because of that, I have not taken my prescribed meds yet (got them friday, today is thursday night/fri morning). I'm kind of scared to go on an anti depressent, honestly. So after that long tangent, here I am. Going into day 3 without percs, not feeling terrible, but not feeling great either. I'm hoping to completely stop percs cold turkey. I've gone 5 days a couple of other times with no real problems, but this was mostly attributed to financial problems, not because I wanted to stop.

My girlfriend is going to see family in colombia in about a month and my mom (who lives in florida) is having an anniversary party for my grandparents at about the same time my gf is leaving. She will be gone for a month and I was thinking about going to Florida for the anniversary and maybe try staying there for about a month while my gf is gone. I have not seen my mom since I was 18. When I was 16 we moved to florida from Mass and I lasted about 6 months until I came back for Xmas break to see family and ended up moving in with my father. I have talked to my mom enough in the last 7 years on the phone but just have felt our relationship deteriorate over time, mostly because of me being young and partying and not caring as much as I should have. Since this anniversary thing came up in January, I've kind of developed a disdain and attitude towards my mother because she was telling me I "needed" to attend this, when meanwhile she has not visited me once in 7 years. I've ignored her since January and tonight we talked over facebook chat and made a plan to talk tomorrow on the phone. This is the big "crying session" I had earlier. Everything just sort of hit me at once and I just broke down, needed to go for a walk and just let it out.

I know I've been ALL OVER THE PLACE in this post but I felt I needed to provide some background information to better help everyone understand my problem. And my problem is taking 30mg percocet everyday. As I said, I'm going into day 3 with no percs and feeling better than day 1 but I know I'm not even close to being "there" yet. Still have the urge to call my provider up but haven't given in. I'm hoping I can get thru the next month clean or with minimal usage until I probably go to Florida when my GF leaves for Colombia. Like I said, I'd like to stay in Florida with my mom and siblings for the month my gf is gone, feel like it would be a good opportunity to get away from my supplier and influence. I'm sorry to be so scatter brained about everything but I felt like I just needed to, if nothing else, just get this all out in the open somewhere at least. Thank you all for listening and goodluck to anyone going thru any kind of addiction. There's gotta be more to life than getting high, and I plan to realize that fact asap. Thank you

George

dukesnider is offline New Member

Default Possible treatment

I was addicted to Oxy for 4 years and was only able to quit with the help of Suboxone. For me it was the perfect solution but took almost two years to ween off of Suboxone. I was able to do it privately without checking into a rehab facility.

Sapid is offline New Member

The link doesn’t work, I am desperate. Multiple Sclerosis is Hell, Methadone withdraws are breaking my spirit.

Smidget82 is offline New Member

Hello anonymous...ive been thru it and unfortunately i have to go thru it again...in my experience after the first 3 days the PHYSICAL SYMPTOMS should subside...I detoxed twice last year and unfortunately started taking percocets again...in the past 2 weeks it has gotten bad where im taking a dose every 3 hrs...i came clean to my parents and they are helping me thru this...i am taking some time off work ...starting april 8th i will be on vacation for 10 days and thats when ill do my detox...until then my parents are helping me monitor my doses...