Percocet and Alcohol Question - Help!
    fisherman123 is offline New Member

Smile Percocet and Alcohol Question - Help!

Hello,
    I have been taking percocet for 2 years. Just once a day, early in the morning when I wake up.

I take 30mg of Immediate Release Oxycodone, at approximately 4:00am in the morning, every day, for the past 2 years. (my doctor has been prescribing it to me for back pain).

I am supposed to go out on Friday night to celebrate New Years Eve (2 days late!)

How long do I have to stop the oxycodone, in order to be able to have a couple of drinks, to celebrate the New Year?

I took my dosage this morning (Wednesday).

If I do not take any on Thursday or Friday, will I be ok to drink on Friday evening, say around 9pm? That would be approximately 66 hours (2 and 1/2 days).

Will I be ok to have a few drinks?

I have not had ANY alcohol since I started taking oxycodone for my back. It has been 2 years.

Am I ok to drink tequila? I know it says on the pill bottle that I cannot mix it with alcohol.

Friends tell me that I may not feel any withdrawal because I have only been taking it once a day. They tell me that my body may not be 'addicted' to it, since I only take it once in the AM, even though I have been on it for 2 years straight.

Please let me know ASAP.

ALSO: If it is ok for me to drink on Friday night, how long before I can start taking the oxycodone again? If I drink Friday night, say around 9pm, will I be ok to take the oxycodone on Saturday morning, say around 6am?
    Or do I need to wait longer, for the alcohol to leave my system?

Please let me know if I will be ok to have a couple of shots of Tequila on Friday evening, if I don't take any oxycodone between now and then. Again, about 66 hours will have passed from the last oxycodone dose.

Thanks so much!

GOD BLESS YOU and Happy New Year!

the fisherman!

Anonymous Guest

Hi fisherman
    You will be fine two have a few drinks if you haven't had any percocets in two days. I'm not sure about the withdrawals tho,It would be great if you would let me know how that works out for you. You will be fine to take a percocet in the morning after you have had a few drinks. I think your going to need one.LOL
    Be safe and don't have to many drinks...LOL
    Happy new years eve...